Oxygen sensor

NewfiePacer

Hello everyone

I have a 2014 R/T AWD V6. I had it in for undercoating a few weeks back. When I got it back and used it, it was running rough and tossed various codes (P0174 system too lean bank 2 countless times, P2099 post catalyst fuel trim system too rich bank 2 a few times and P2097 post catalyst fuel trim system rick bank 1 only once). I monitored the O2 sensors on my reader and seen that the bank 2 sensor 1 was not responding (flat lined). I changed that sensor and all those codes went away. 2 days after changing it I got a new code. P219B DTC definitions not found! Refer to vehicle service manual. I googled it and it said that it's an air fuel mixture ratio imbalance on the bank that doesn't have cylinder 1. Further googling it led me in many many directions. Some places saying that the injectors are dirty, some saying that an engine replacement is required. But I did read about some conditions O2 sensors can cause and it seems that they can cause air fuel imbalance. I started thinking it was funny that I got that code after I put in a new sensor so I read the live data on it. The new sensor does read the same as bank 1 sensor 1 on the low end 0.055 volts, but it doesn't go as high as the bank 1, as it tops out at 0.755 volts and bank 1 tops out at 0.875 volts. Through some reading, some people suggest changing sensors in pairs and some say changing all at once. Cheapest sensors I can find in my area is $100, so it's a costly adventure to take on if it's not going to fix my problem. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light in this for me, or if they have had the same problem and know of the fix. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who read and to those who help out! Cheers

well to late for this advise but if it was running okay before and not after the undercoating i would have been back to them as it sounds like something they might have done to it, cut a wire or damage something other than that i have no experience with the o2 sensors good luck  let us know what you find in case it happens to someone else

• 5 months later...

So I found the problem. It was the O2 sensor that I put in. It was a Bosch, and I was told at the place I bought it, that it was OEM, but in fact it wasn't! I got an original sensor from another journey, and tried it in mine. I've been using the vehicle for over 2 months now, and (knock on wood) no code! So my advice to anyone who replaces an O2 sensor, get one from the dealership. It maybe more expensive but it will cause less headaches. I spoke to a mechanic that I know and he said with any of the dodge vehicles he works on that need O2 sensors, he always replaces them with ones from the dealer because he's ran into many issues with other brands but never with dealer ones. Hope this helps someone out later on down the line! Cheers everyone

glad to hear,and as always when replacing electrical parts it is always best to go with OEM parts yes higher but usually better quality and they always seem to work better then  after market parts.

Edited by 2late4u

I’ve used NTK who make a lot of oem O2 sensors on my 3.6 dodge, never had an issue for 12 months now.
About one quarter of the price. Maybe not as good but car won’t go another 180k kms anyway.

I have had issues and won’t use Bosch sensors or spark plugs. NGK owns NTK.

Oem original from my journey and the new  NTK side by side. Looks like they are making the factory part, right down to the progressive die stamping marks being identical.

If dealer adds 15-20% and stocks stuff, they get my business. When they add two or three hundred % like they often do up here, I look for other options. But agreed there are risks to this approach.

NTK makes Hyundai oem as well, I installed them for approx 10 yrs now with out issues. 

image.thumb.jpg.4971ce6cbcaa2f25e9e2084cc059d9f5.jpg

Edited by John/Horace