P0406 code

ztahie

Hello,

Journey 2009 SXT 3.6. ECL on with P0406 code.

I removed and cleaned the ERG valve. code returned after 2 days. 

any ideas other than replaced the EGR valve itself ?  

will it be good idea to buy a generic EGR valve , or bay a original MOPAR part ?

Thanks

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Rina5677 said:

@ztahie did you go with mopar or an aftermarket? I CAnt really afford a $300 mopar egr right now but there are many aftermarket brands for about half the price. Has anyone had luck with anything other than mopar? Maybe doorman or SMP?

you could check with your local junk yard/salvage yard for a used one they usually give you a 30 day warranty on the parts

• 2 weeks later...

@ztahie no judgment here lol.ours has been intermittent since last october, im in no rush either. Lately its not been setting the MIL and the hesitation/rough accelaration hasnt happened so maybe the cleaning i did finally took effect??

• 2 months later...

To wrap up my experience with this code - cleaning it did not help -replaced it with a SMP brand from rock auto (along with both gaskets) code gone, hesitation gone, mileage mildly improved. Very worth it. ($180 on rock auto). I would have tried a used one but couldn't find one at either of the local wreckers. I've driven it for 3000km since replacing it. Very glad I did.