2012 Dodge Journey SXT Clicking Behind Glove Box

Andrea A

Hi everyone, this is my first Dodge and my first post :)  In the last few days, I have noticed a clicking behind my glove box when I start up my Journey (2012 SXT); it only lasts for about 5 to 8 seconds, then stops.  I am thinking it is the actuator, but I am not positive.  It is annoying, to say the least. Is there a way to stop the clicking, temporarily and could it be the actuator?  Thanks so much!

Congrats on your purchase.  Could be the blend door actuator.  Check out youtube to see exactly where it is and then get down there and take a gander and a listen to it to confirm it.

Hope you solve it soon.  I am not great at mechanics, but there are a number of people on here who are a great resource and they love helping others.  We are quite fortunate to have this forum and their help.  

Welcome to our world.

mechanical-idiot

• 1 month later...

@lemdog, I'm curious... after you replaced it, did the sound stop or just soften? I've been in a couple of cars aside from my DJ, and the clicking is just part of starting the car. You can usually also here it a bit if you turn the car off and sit in it for a while. As long as the vents are working correctly, the clicking should not be an actual problem (anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

Armando G....

yes it completely stopped.  (the clicking)  And as mentioned, you will still hear things quietly moving around once you shut the car off.

make sure if you do replace it yourself,  the 2 screws are tight,  and that the little actuator motor cannot be moved around by hand.

now i have another one to replace,   the heat/AC blend for the passenger side.   i have full AC on driver side, while passenger blows hot. 

looks like its the same style of motor,  just harder to get at from the looks of things behind glove box.

There is one beside the glove box at the right that is for fresh air or recirculate. Another is to the left of the glovebox that I would assume is for the passenger side

for mine,  i have dual zone climate.   i have researched and there is one on the right side of airbox behind glove box that does the recirculate.   mine was clicking and i replaced it and all is well.

there are 2 more just to the left of the air box.   1 is for dash/floor blending,  and other is AC/heat blending.

my AC/heat blending wasn't moving,  so i watched a video about replacing it,   then read the comments and a LOT of people solved their problem by just tapping the further back motor with a screw driver to "wake it up" to get it moving again.    sure enough i tried it last night and mine woke up and now works!!