Question on small ding in driver door

jshabouk

Good Afternoon All,

I have a minor body issue with my 2015 Journey.  I pulled in the garage and opened my driver's door and felt the door hit something and not open all the way.  Long story short, my kids put their scooters along the garage wall and one of the handlebars was sticking out.  The rubber coated edge hit the door and dinged it.  Frankly, it looks like a small <1 inch dimple with no paint damage, but it is noticeable when looking at it (looks like a minor light distortion).  I can get a picture and upload later today.

What I want to know is...

1. What techniques have anyone used with success to remove this yourself?

2. Are any of these tools/kits I found online useful to fix something like this?

3. Would the method of heating (with a hairdryer) and cooling with an air can work on something like this?

I'd like to do this myself and not take it to a shop (if I can avoid it).

Thanks again for your help in advance.

Joe

Thanks jkeaton!  You da man!

That is pretty cool.  I will have to try that on the driver side door of our Ford Fusion.  Door dings.

I wonder if it will take the dent out of the rear side fender of the Nissan Juke that my wife ran into in the parking lot downtown.  Probably not!

mechanical-idiot

Looking to know if anyone on here actually tried this. I have a little ding on my passenger side rear door that drives me NUTS every time I have to go to that side of the car (daughter opened the door straight into a fire hydrant as I was dropping her off at school :swear:). If it actually works, I want to try it.