Oil leak can't locate source

DizzyR/T

15469601693645309446025248351770.jpg

15469602130773480401496167590075.jpg

15469602363494349012511040773114.jpg

Edited by DizzyR/T
Ok so I had a ticking noise fix that ended up being the rocker arm on the back side where the pcv valve is. Now I been having issues with the gasket leaking a very slight bit of oil. However now I just have a bunch of oil leaking and can't find the source

I do not see any leak or moisture around the valve covers at all. Now I am using the mobile one annual filter but I swap it out during regular oil changes I can't seem to figure it out. Now I found that rubber piece just hanging out on top of the box where my finger is pointed. Sorry for not knowing all the part names bare with me.

IMG_20190108_114321194.jpg

IMG_20190108_114613965.jpg

what about important info like yr, engine size, how much oil do you see missing between oil changes , or is it just enough to see and makes you worried , top picture opposite of your finger, is their a hose missing from the black pipe connector?

4 hours ago, 2late4u said:

what about important info like yr, engine size, how much oil do you see missing between oil changes , or is it just enough to see and makes you worried , top picture opposite of your finger, is their a hose missing from the black pipe connector?

2016 Dodge journey rt 3.6L fwd. I'll have less than a quart between oil changes. But as of lately I'll notice oil drips not a whole lot but enough for me to raise concern(any bit of oil for that matter make me worry) I've added oil when I have noticed I was still in the safe zone on the dip stick but at the bottom put enough to bring it past the half way mark on the dipstick. The hose was taken off so I can get better pictures of the spots where oil is at. 

Another weird piece of info. I have a scanner my mil light came on for evap purge. But light went off on it's own. I scan it and it shows up as historical fault. Tried clearing it to see what hapoens, you know maybe it will repeat itself and it will not clear off. No mil light just shows when scanner is on. 

i would do like jkeaton said and clean the whole engine compartment down at the local car wash bay and then make sure every thing is clean and then keep check on the nest oil spot you see happening , check it every time before driving and right after driving it you find the leak sooner or later i guarantee . good luck

I'm just wondering if that random piece of rubber goes to the motor mounts or strut tower and it just has oil on it from where ever it maybe coming from. It a big piece of rubber I'd probably would have no oil if that piece went to something holding oil in. Again thanks in advance for you your guys in put truly helpful community.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to figure out what the big Chung of rubber is from. However I found that the oil filter is leaking from around the gasket. Now I am not using a Mopar filter, I'm using the mobile 1 annual filter( which I change every oil change) I've went hand tight with a quarter turn with a wrench to half turn to 3/4 and still a slight leak. Can it just be the gasket. I'm just like how can oil keep getting past the gasket I'm not trying to go he man strength on the filter and break the housing because I've seen the amount of labor tht hoes into replacing those things. Has anyone had this issue with the oil filter its just like a very slow flow of oil.