Painted Grille, Mopar Wheels, Smoked Lights

n00bert

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part I like it. I like the grill the most. The smoked lights are a nice touch too. I don't think I would like to have the fronts smoked. Kinda like to see at night. Now the tails look really good. I don't care for the black rims. Never have really liked them. Every now and then I will see one I like. It is your car and you do what you like.

It all depends on the look you're trying to achieve. In this case, the smoked headlights, painted grille and black rims all work well together.

Leaving the grille and headlights "stock" also looks good, but, IMO, it is a bit unbalanced towards the front of the vehicle. The stock configuration really benefits from chrome wheels - it brings balance back to the shininess. When I bought mine, there was an R/T on the lot with chrome rims and a chrome gas filler lid. It looked VERY nice! Its the kind of look I hope to eventually achieve with my SXT when I get around to replacing the rims.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
It all depends on the look you're trying to achieve.

I agree it's whatever look you want to achieve. I had a '05 Black Pt Cruiser that I kept fairly monotone with the exception of Chrome wheels. With my Journey I really like the addition of chrome. which expklains why I put chrome mirrors, sill plates and a chrome gas tank cover. Personally I like the chrome grille and chrome 5 spoke wheels (must be the era I grew up in) as opposed to the painted grille and black wheels shown but that's me, There are many others that probably disagree with me and that's fine.

regards

Terry

Sorry to disagree with everyone but the chrome grill adds a touch of class. When it's painted it looks just like a Caravan.

I'm a big chrome hater, I have stock chrome rims on my C6 Vette and hate them. About to get them powdercosted black. The Chrome grill is about to be paint black on my 09 Journey cause the chrome is killing me. But that is just me.

By the way, nice look, but there is a really big gap between your tires and the fender. (H&R can fix that and still have a nice ride to it :D )

I would like to know what the exhaust sounds like (Sounds clips please)

Edited by MazdaspeedR6

I'm a big chrome hater, I have stock chrome rims on my C6 Vette and hate them. About to get them powdercosted black. The Chrome grill is about to be paint black on my 09 Journey cause the chrome is killing me. But that is just me.

By the way, nice look, but there is a really big gap between your tires and the fender. (H&R can fix that and still have a nice ride to it :D )

I would like to know what the exhaust sounds like (Sounds clips please)

Anyone have pics of a journey with h&r springs installed?

Edited by its2easy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to disagree with everyone but the chrome grill adds a touch of class. When it's painted it looks just like a Caravan.

We all have our thoughts as to what looks good and what doesn't, there is no right answer here. We all indidualize our vehicles

Personally I proably wouldn't have done it this way, as I like chrome, but maybe it's an age thing. My white 2010 R/T AWD has chrome mirrors, chrome wheels, chrome gas cap, chrome sill covers, chrome R/T emblems on each front fender, chrome roof rack and cross bars, "chrome" Buick portholes on each front fender as well as "chrome" edging on my front air/bug deflector and front valance. Does it appeal to everyone? No I really don't want it to. I just want everyone to respect what I may do, they may not agree with it.

http://www.dodgejour...nder-treatment/

Terry

Edited by Windancer