Crappy OEM windshield wiper.. who else?

04redmach1

We had a lot of rain here these last 2 weeks, and these wiper suck. Not even close to being half ass. Anyone else with this issue? Streaking already.

yes , i replaced them the day i got my journey.... well i did the same with each car i owned. OEM wipers just sucks.

i put Viewmax" frameless" ( rain and winter ) wipers from Wal-Mart .. they are dirt cheap and 200% better than the OEM. Pick the ones with the silicone on it and you will be happy for a looooooong time.

Traveling tomorrow and lots of rain in GA so I went and bought some Anco wipers. I have tested many wipers on all my cars, and beleive it or not, even the cheapest Anco's last longer and work better than the Rain X and Bosch wipers. I got the Aero wipers tonight and the sizes are same as 9' models - 24/19.

I would agree that the stock wipers are horrible. Vancouver is a rainy area and after only having my Journey for about a month they were leavin' lines. I have to replace them because I'm cheap but I'll end up with some from Costco I'm sure.

CostCo had some in the Chicago area which, but for the life of me I cannot recall who made them. They were about $8 each and work really well. The oem ones lasted about a year for me, but I dont drive all that much.

We had a lot of rain here these last 2 weeks, and these wiper suck. Not even close to being half ass. Anyone else with this issue? Streaking already.

Same here, streaking the day after we drove it home (and I bought it with 5 miles on the ODO around Thanksgiving). Crappy wipers for sure. I'll deal with it for a little while until the snow is gone and get some new blades in the spring.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what people are complaining about. Yes, I live in Los Angeles, where it doesn't rain much. Yes, I don't have to turn them on for 9 or 10 months at a time. But that means they dry out and need replacing when I DO need them. In the past month, we've had torrential (no... biblical!) rain here, and after a year of nonuse, the OEM wipers worked perfectly.

I don't know what people are complaining about. Yes, I live in Los Angeles, where it doesn't rain much. Yes, I don't have to turn them on for 9 or 10 months at a time. But that means they dry out and need replacing when I DO need them. In the past month, we've had torrential (no... biblical!) rain here, and after a year of nonuse, the OEM wipers worked perfectly.

Yeah, I'm not really sure, either. I keep my wipers/windshield clean and they do the job for me. The only thing I can think is that in a light rain, they leave a few, thin water streaks that evaporate almost instantly. Not what I would call "bad".

• 2 weeks later...

I too see the streaking problem.

After the wiper completes it's cycle there is a streak left on the glass. Rear window is bad. My front window has the problem on the upper part of the windshield - passanger side. Is this the same for everyone eles?

I had Rainx on the glass - but it has worn off.

Bought mine Mid Dec. 09. So the wipers aren't worn out.

• 4 weeks later...

Some people just like to whine and complain........

• 1 month later...

cheap windshield wiper squirters - mine broke 2x! They kept telling me Im using them w/an empty fluid container -

NOT - I always have mine filled up.

cheap visor mirror covers

cheap hood stick (really not good if you are under the hood!)

cheap seat material - and it is not anti-stain like they say

definately cheap tires and brakes!!

but hey, seating 7 and all the cool hidden compartments were fun but overall a cheapy made car.