Howdy from Los Angeles

NickSP

What an awesome place. I am Nick from Los Angeles and I own a 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad V6 FWD. I bought this car on an impulse 2 days back and I hope you guys will back me up on my decision and not let buyers remorse set in. 

I actually went to the dealer to buy a new Jeep Compass Sport. Didn't like the drive. Then I drove the Jeep Cherokee Limited and then saw this sexy car looking back at me giving me a big "Hey". :cool: Naturally I had to oblige. The sales guy not only opened the car but started it from the remote and when I sat inside, she had me at "Hello"! She is fully loaded to the hilt with every possible feature and add on pre-installed from the factory. The only omission is the Entertainment system for the back. She is grey/black and I LOVE IT! Moves like a gazelle. Now my other car is a Prius so you see the excitement? LOL! :play:

So please back me up in my decision and never let any doubt set in and praise my Journey and tell me what a "wise" decision I have made! ;)

42 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

Very wise decision as long as you purchased an extended warranty! Welcome to the forum. I hear in a few years, californication will ban gas powered automobiles, so glad you got one before the ban sets in.....:welcome:

Haha! They will probably make me convert it to a CNG or something! 

I have 33K miles on the car and still have little factory and powertrain warranty left. Do you recommend I buy it from Dodge or a good 3rd party?

THANKS!!

most 3rd party plans make you jump thur a a lot of hoops before they fix or cover your car the Mopar one is more expensive but at least you know what you are getting check out http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ cheapest i found and that is where i bought from...welcome to the group

Some people on here absolutely hate aftermarket warranties. I've had aftermarket warranties through Carmax on both our Journeys. Never had an issue with getting a repair done. and covered by the extended aftermarket warranty. 

Edited by jkeaton

Welcome! 

Coming from a Prius to a DJ? Get ready for your sweet sixteens (That being the 16mpg city mileage) hah!

Anyway,  I Like you , was worried about buyer's remorse. After 6 months (when the warm and fuzzies go away) I evaluated my decision to purchase the DJ. I didn't regret it! now, fast forward another 4 months and I'm still not regretting it! I do wish I had the backup camera. I've been driving the snot out of mine; me and my wife share it- and in 9 months we've done 20,000 miles.

I don't think I'd get the journey again, unless offered a great deal on a pre-owned. I do think it makes a super good/comfortable daily car- and for what I paid for it, I'd never get a car with similar options, attractive interior, and as low miles.

48 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

Some people on here absolutely hate aftermarket warranties. I've had aftermarket warranties through Carmax on both our Journeys. Never had an issue with getting a repair done. and covered by the extended aftermarket warranty. 

I've been screwed by 2 aftermarket warranty providers, one of which was the one recommended unequivocally by the CAA (Canadian equivalent of AAA) . . . . well, they tried.  but I am litigious and took them both to court and won both times.

But it just isn't worth the trouble, so I buy OEM now.

Edited by bramfrank

6 hours ago, bramfrank said:

I've been screwed by 2 aftermarket warranty providers, one of which was the one recommended unequivocally by the CAA (Canadian equivalent of AAA) . . . . well, they tried.  but I am litigious and took them both to court and won both times.

But it just isn't worth the trouble, so I buy OEM now.

I understand. Not everyone has the same experience. 

Welcome and a big CONGRATS on the purchase. Unlike you, I did some research before buying and was completely convinced that my DJ was the best value for the money. I kind of wanted the Durango, but for the price difference and what I really need it for, I'm still thrilled I went with the Journey (3 years later). Funny enough, my brother got a Durango for himself, and he is really hating the payments and not as thrilled as I am.