Fuel pump issue

Joeq

Hi everyone. .I'm new to the forum znd have an issue with my 2010 dodge journey.  My problem is driving between 60km and 80 the car sputters/jumps it also gives me issues starting like it's not getting enough fuel...anyone else experience this??

Thanks 

Joe 

This seems like a cars in general type of issue. Not knowing the maintenance record of the car, my first opinion/question would be concerning a full tuneup on the car. At that mileage your issue could stem from just replacing the air filter to needing a new fuel pump. My suggestion would be to start with the basic tuneup steps including the air filter, spark plugs, wires, and maybe an inspection of the injectors. Then you have the fuel filter that might be getting clogged. If the issue is also happening on the start, it could be something as simple as the plugs not burning enough fuel, so there is going to be some trial and error needed. IN any case, I don't think this is a DJ specific issue, just a good old every car issue.

With all of this said, the only exception is if you are getting some type of error code. Even if you are not you may want to get it hooked up to see if one comes up. You may get a sensor type of error that is not working completely right. Those sensors sometimes do fail sporadically and you don't always get an error code...it has happened to me (that's why I bought a reader).

Good luck. 

Thanks Armando and everyone

Who gave me advice.  I took it in for a tune up yesterday morning ran a diagnostic on it did a tranny flush. No codes came up,  my spark plugs were completely gone and transmission oil was not to clean. So I go get it back later that afternoon. .with not a single problem or complaint I was talking about before. .took it down the highway drove around town...it didn't do what it was doing before. .

Thanks guys, Larryl, 2late4u

jkeaton and Armando G!!

:)

Edited by Joeq