oil filter bypass valve

Paully

Had been having oil changes done by dealer but moved out of the area so now they wont cover them anymore.

No surprise there but , while changing my own oil / filter i noticed the cheap little plastic bypass  valve in the  filter assy.

had broken apart.

So heads up when you do a filter change to check this little plastic piece of crap ! 

used  with the old oil filters 2011-2013 you can youtube it, it was a small plastic part over a spring that the oil filter slipped over when being installed,guess it was easily broken somehow you can get the replacement part from dorman #917-992, I had to youtube 2013 dodge journey oil by pass valve broken to see what he was talking about.....

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
2 hours ago, danyboy said:

Can't watch video.

SORRY about that! BUT you do realize this was posted in DECEMBER of 2017 and this is now 2023, YOUTUBE videos do not stay available indefinitely on any forum. YOU may want to try and do a YOUTUBE site search and see if YOU can pull it up from YOUTUBE, the title posted here is all YOU should need to do a search on YOUTUBE.

GOOD LUCK to you!