Are motor mounts part of the powertrain warrenty?

vertex

I posted this last week:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/9060-2011-journey-grinding-or-rubbing-sound-when-i-accelerate/

Anyway, as a followup, the dealer told me that it was the engine and transmission mounts that were bad, and they were replacing all 4 for about $1000. Just wanted to know if this should be considered a part of the power train warranty, since it's under 60K.

I posted this last week:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/9060-2011-journey-grinding-or-rubbing-sound-when-i-accelerate/

Anyway, as a followup, the dealer told me that it was the engine and transmission mounts that were bad, and they were replacing all 4 for about $1000. Just wanted to know if this should be considered a part of the power train warranty, since it's under 60K.

Warranty paperwork should state what's covered and not covered.

he should have told you immediately if it was a covered part or not as all he has to do is pull it up on his computer ,unless you didnt ask them.... and it wouldn't be covered under the standard powertrain warranty but would be under the extended warranty coverage. but when i've replaced motor mounts before i've never heard sounds like you were describing maybe a clunk or knock but not grinding noise unless maybe they were real, bad dont know good luck . also would have been a lot cheaper even using oem mopar parts done at a regular mech. shop.....

• 1 month later...

I just found out 3 of mine are broken and to repair them it will be $1500. Is it dangerous to drive my car at this point is my question? And we were hearing the same grinding type noise as well. This has been the noisiest car I've ever owned.

38 minutes ago, Kbuzz said:

I just found out 3 of mine are broken and to repair them it will be $1500. Is it dangerous to drive my car at this point is my question? And we were hearing the same grinding type noise as well. This has been the noisiest car I've ever owned.

You should take your vehicle to where Vertex took his - they did all 4 of his for $1,000 . . . . so your dealer wants exactly double what he paid.

Sounds to me like you should be shopping around for a better price.