5 year 100000 km warranty

ok so i purchased my use journey and i also purchased a 5 year 100000 km extended warranty, i have been waiting for the information to come in the mail from dodge and i have now just received it all, in the information sent its tells me that my fantastic warrenty expires in 2016 :shrug:

so ok i called the used dealer to ask the question why when i pay for a extended 5 year warrenty it expire's in two years?

so i get told its 5 years from first date and that i only have two years left, what a load of crap i said to them i paid a lot of extra money to get a five year warrenty and only get 2 year, so im basicly paying for the first few year the previous onwer had it.

so does this sound correct, because Dodge are going to get a letter from me, because im not a happy person with this rubbish, my dealer have also told me that i need a different type of warranty now, and there will be a 100 dollar deductable for anything i have done, small or large.

ok did you buy from a chrysler dealer or a used car lot? i belive if you had checked you would have found out you were already covered for the bal of the orig.5yr 100k i think there is a small fee to transfer into your name. we need alot more info for us to help...

look in your manual under warrenty and see what it says and or get the custermer ser. phone # and call them to see if they can help you......... i just googled chrysler 5yr or 100k warranty and it brought up the dodge warranty group and it plainly says left over IS transferable over to the next owner for a small fee. i would check it out then go talk to the dealer and if he is not answering your questions ask him to call the custermer help # listed in your manual. good luck be nice but take the bull by the horns. let us know what happens....

Edited by 2late4u

yes your right i have looked at the manual and it states we have a 5 year 100000 km warranty im going to call dodge customer service first and see what they say first before i call the dealer, im not happy thaat they seem to have charge me for something that i might already have.

but i have purchased a extended warranty but it expires in two years, and if reading the handbook and my 5/100 is fully transferable then i will continue with that, why pay for something that the car already has.

Your dealer really did a poor job in explaining the warranty coverage terms and you should be pissed at them. The vehicles standard bumper to bumper warranty is 3/60 & the powertrain is 5/100 not bumper to bumper coverage unless you are transferring an extended warranty from the previous owner which I am not sure can be done or not. The extended warranty you purchased will cover most of the other items to make it somewhat of a bumper to bumper warranty for the next two years.....this is what I have on my 2011.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

ok did you buy from a chrysler dealer or a used car lot? i belive if you had checked you would have found out you were already covered for the bal of the orig.5yr 100k i think there is a small fee to transfer into your name. we need alot more info for us to help...

Maybe the package in the US is different but here in Canada 5yr/100,000KM is only for the powertrain warranty and 3yr/60,000KM is the standard full bumper to bumper coverage....damn we even get screwed that you have the same numbers in coverage but yours are in miles not km's. (100,000 miles = 160,934 km's)

the journey only has 57000 km on it, so its still under the 60000 then, is this transferable aswell ? beause if it is, they will be replacing my front rota's i will be calling dodge this morning, i have looked at the web site and it does state that the 5/100 is fully transferable, but i would like to talk to them first.

will let you know later

I doubt rotors are covered but it's worth a shot. I know, I know, "bumper to bumper" should be what it sounds like it is, but parts considered "wear parts", i.e. brakes, filters, wiper blades, etc. generally are not covered. We had to fight tooth and nail to get the rotors replaced on our 09 at less than 20,000 miles. You're at the end of your warranty period, even less of a chance.

• Official Dodge Support

yes your right i have looked at the manual and it states we have a 5 year 100000 km warranty im going to call dodge customer service first and see what they say first before i call the dealer, im not happy thaat they seem to have charge me for something that i might already have.

journeyfamily,

Sorry to hear about these issues with your dealer.

If the original owner of the vehicle had already purchased a Service Contract, there may be an issue here as you are able to have the coverage transferred within the 30 days at no charge if still within said warranty parameters you're looking to extend.

I hope the 5/100 your dealer explained was the factory powertrain warranty and not an extension.

Please do contact Customer Service, a representative will verify if any previous coverage was applied to the vehicle and also update your info. on file.

ok so i have spoken to customer service, the power train warranty has been transfered, the warranty that i have been sold was a gold plan which covers the small stuff and just runs along the side of the powertrain warranty.

so i understand a bit more now, but im just pissed that i was told it was a 5 year extended warranty, in my book thats 5 years from when i purchased the vehicle, so i only have two years left n that,so i guess i will just keep it because i have another issue with the journey, and i think that will be covered by the gold plan so i better use it :)

thanks for all advice on this :) now the other problem, my esp warning light came on with my low presure tire warning light yesterday and stayed on all of our trip, when i spoke to the dealer they did not know what is is, does anyone know what it might be?

thanks

paul

If you navigate with your EVIC you will find "tire pressure" info and know which tire(s) is low in pressure. the tires need to be inflated minimum 36 lbs in order for the warning light to be turned off. It may take a bit of driving for the sensor to recognize and deactivate the light.

ok so i have spoken to customer service, the power train warranty has been transfered, the warranty that i have been sold was a gold plan which covers the small stuff and just runs along the side of the powertrain warranty.

so i understand a bit more now, but im just pissed that i was told it was a 5 year extended warranty, in my book thats 5 years from when i purchased the vehicle, so i only have two years left n that,so i guess i will just keep it because i have another issue with the journey, and i think that will be covered by the gold plan so i better use it :)

thanks for all advice on this :) now the other problem, my esp warning light came on with my low presure tire warning light yesterday and stayed on all of our trip, when i spoke to the dealer they did not know what is is, does anyone know what it might be?

thanks

paul

Seriously? What dealer are you using that "does not know what this is"? It's the frickin low tire pressure warning! The ESP warning comes on to tell you the ESP is being turned off due to a low pressure reading in one or more of the tires. What kind of idiots are working there? "What it might be" is one or more of your tires are low on pressure. Check the tire pressures.

i understand what you mean about idiots, it does not give me any hope when the dealer does not what it is, but i have checked all my tire pressures and they are all on 36psi as per what the info on the door pillar states, but this problem is not all the time, i will monitor it and see how it goes,

what the dealler want me to do is next time it comes on they want me to drive to them so they can see it, because the computer may not hold the code.

yes right i said im not going right out of my way to do that, the dealler is a half hour drive away, but you never know it might happen one day as im driving past the door, then i can pop in for a coffee LOL :lol:

If the check engine light comes on, the code is stored, even if the light goes back off. I understand what you are saying though, I took our 09 in once after we got a CEL code for some kind of butterfly valve malfunction in the intake. The light went off before I took it in and I got the old "the light needs to be on before we can take it". BS. I drove all the way over here, hook up your machine and scan it. Which the graciously decided to do. And they were able to get the code and fix the problem.

ok so what my display tells me is different from what i have just measured with a tire preasure guage, my display is telling me that all tires are 36psi but i have double checked the tires and they are only 33psi do you think this is the problem? i will go to the garage tonight and put some air in them and see what that does.

I will wager that your gauge is wrong and the TPS is right.

With reference to your warranty note that you really extended the electronics and aircon warranty with the package you bought and that you may (or may not) have a deductible - it depends on what plan number you got.

If it is an official Chrysler package you have 60 days to change your mind and get a full refund.

its a gold plan package, and there is no deductable on it, i was told it covers the small stuff like electronics etc, im still not 100% sure if we need it, but i think it might come in handy if it has to go in for this warning lites on teh display, so is the |TPS that correct then, i thought my gauge would of been closer to the psi.

A little late to this thread - sorry. If you would like, send me the last eight digits of the VIN; I can check coverage for you. 57000 KM, correct? Is your ESP light still on or did that only come on once? It should not be tied into the low PSI light - ESP stays on even if the temporary spare is in place, unless you defeat it with the dash switch or if a component in the ESP system has failed, then the warning light will illuminate.

NEVER depend on the display to check your tire psi. always check them by gage at least once a month and i run 37 to 38 psi in my tires and have never had any problem at all..

thats how i feel, i think a guage on the tire would be more correct than the car's system