Traction Control light on after engine swap.

Hi,

I've just recently replaced the 3.6   engine in my 2011 Journey AWD, and the light in the dash for the traction control has been on every since.... I'm wondering if I may have missed a plug when reattaching all the wiring.... Does anyone know what the traction control plugs into?

2 hours ago, Outinthewoodsnf said:

Hi,

I've just recently replaced the 3.6   engine in my 2011 Journey AWD, and the light in the dash for the traction control has been on every since.... I'm wondering if I may have missed a plug when reattaching all the wiring.... Does anyone know what the traction control plugs into?

Was the engine from another journey and did you use same transmission from you journey or ?? 

She lost power a couple of times on my Gf,,,, I pulled one of the front bearings today and found that the inside part of the bearing that the abs sensor reads was torn up by debris.... Thinkin this might cause it...I removed the abs fuse and I'm hoping that it will be ok.... The service AWD light is on but maybe that's because the ABS is disabled?

12 hours ago, Outinthewoodsnf said:

She lost power a couple of times on my Gf,,,, I pulled one of the front bearings today and found that the inside part of the bearing that the abs sensor reads was torn up by debris.... Thinkin this might cause it...I removed the abs fuse and I'm hoping that it will be ok.... The service AWD light is on but maybe that's because the ABS is disabled?

Yes. The AWD/ABS/Traction control all work together.

Journey was bought new,,,, definitely wouldn't call that a deal..... The  motor doesn't seem to be the issue.... Looks like the traction control was cutting power to the  engine because of a damaged part of the bearing that is read by the ABS sensor.... No trouble today with the ABS fuse out.. When I eventually replace the bearing, I'll put the fuse back and see what happens.... I miss the days when a computer didn't control the whole car.