Saw a 2014 Journey R/t   with 5 seats.   I was unaware it was an option in the upper trims levels after 2012-2013.  The last time i checked on the dodge website, it didn't even give you the option. You only see it on the SE  and AVP because that's what FCA  pushes. "7 seats"

Here in the Great White North, I could only get my '15 DJ with the 7 seat configuration. 7 seat configuration was the only way FCA sold the DJ here in Canada. What a joke! Not room for anyone to sit in the rearmost seats when they are set up.

On 7/29/2017 at 6:45 PM, BrianS said:

Here in the Great White North, I could only get my '15 DJ with the 7 seat configuration. 7 seat configuration was the only way FCA sold the DJ here in Canada. What a joke! Not room for anyone to sit in the rearmost seats when they are set up.

We had an explorer with a third row seat and I tried out a number of SUV's with third row seats when I was looking for a truck last year, and the DJ is not bad at all in my opinion. With the middle row having the ability to slide forward, you can get a good amount of room back there. Plus the fact that the floor is lower than the rear storage, leaves you some leg room. You won't want to stuff a 200 lb, 6' person back there, but my teenagers fit great. You do lose any storage capacity, but that's why they sell roof carriers and crossbars. We did a 6 person person trip from SF to Disneyland in L.A. and it worked out great.

• 8 months later...