2010 Journey, anyone have one and any problems?

04redmach1

• 4 weeks later...

2010 RT AWD Blue 15,400km now

#1 When comming to a stop and then stopped, then the trans would thump into gear or downshift itnto gear hard against the brakes (in D) and the truck would jump pretty hard. Fix: After 9 months, dealership reflashed trans ecm with updated software. So far in a month, I have not had it do it anymore. Im still pretty anxious about it though when stopping.

#2 Lh Dr door or window has a slight slurping sound when driving but only in a Rh to Lh cross wind. Low pressure air pulling door away from body a bit I'm guessing, im going to adjust that door in just a hair and see what happens.

#3 Rh Fr Pass door has a wird slight rattle once and awhile, but only in cross wind and or angled wind. Ill check out the door handle thing.

#4 Used a paper napkin that was wet to clean off the chrome ring around the shifter and it scratched the chrome... Dealership would do nothing. I didnt see in the owners manual that Im to use a microcloth to clean the thing. Was pretty ticked.

Other than that, it has good power with the v6. Economy is ok, not great but it is a dodge product and they have always been in support of opec... AWD thing is great. Truck is very quiet with the exceptions above that occur once in awhile. Handles great, rides ok for a smaller unit, all in all im pretty satisfied with it and would by another without much thought, so far anyways.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2011 blackberry crew journey ... I have 4000kms.... So far no issues ... Car has a great ride, very quiet ride... Super smooth .... Great power from the 3.6 liter ... Love the interior... Cloth seats are great ... Interior is beautiful.... 8.4 screen is awesome .... Get it if you can...

I have an 09 SE...the only problems so far were the brakes; which was fixed with after ceramic pads and better rotors...i have the annoying windshield cowl noise...I just turn the radio up to drown it out...I have 62,000 miles on her now and she runs like a champ...will finally be remote start and cruise control. Maybe the MyGIG depending on price... :D

After a year , trans issue still pursits. 5 visits to dealer. Talked to some people higher up the food chain and after a week of being in the shop they got it to do the problem for them and now have a trans valve body on order. About time. Been dealing with this crap for a year. I told them back in Sep2010 that it felt like a valve sticking in the valve body....... but nooooo..... they said its a learning trans and resetting it would solve it........ nope..... didnt work for 5 times.....

• 3 months later...

Bought 2010 Journey in March this year. Now have 10,000 miles on it. Brakes seem good, No Problems, Just oil changes. My model is 4cyl, 7 passenger, Auto trans. Very good gas mileage. Got a high of 28mpg in Sept Vacation.

Just received recall for rear power door locks. Will get fixed when I get inspected at dealership.

Very happy so far with the Journyey. Especially like what they have done on new models.

I wish someone had 20,000 miles plus and I wan to know if brakes are still an issue mainly. Nothing else is a HUGE problem form what I see.

I have a 2010 and it just turned over 30,000 miles. No issues with brakes at all, they work great. As a matter of fact there hasn't been one single problem I've had with this vehicle.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I own a 2010 dodge journey SE model. where to start....

1.at 3000km it was having issues starting it wouldn't turn over, they did an update on the computer and didnt have the issue after.

2. at 6000km i needed to replace my front rotors and brake pads.

3. my passenger door wouldn't lock, had that replaced, then the tale gate wouldnt lock and would set off my alarm, had that replaced.

4. at 11000km I had to have my rotors and break pads done again,

5. got my tires rotated because the passanger side was wearing faster.

6. go in for an oil change,get them to look at the shimmy i'm feeling, to find out they put the bolts on wrong and then slapped on the lug nuts, stripping them, so i had to have them chipped off, yes chipped off, oh and replaces my front rotors and break pads (THIRD TIME)

I'm thinking about trading it in for either a newer model or something different.

I own a 2010 dodge journey SE model. where to start....

1.at 3000km it was having issues starting it wouldn't turn over, they did an update on the computer and didnt have the issue after.

3. my passenger door wouldn't lock, had that replaced, then the tale gate wouldnt lock and would set off my alarm, had that replaced.

6. go in for an oil change,get them to look at the shimmy i'm feeling, to find out they put the bolts on wrong and then slapped on the lug nuts, stripping them, so i had to have them chipped off, yes chipped off, oh and replaces my front rotors and break pads (THIRD TIME)

I'm thinking about trading it in for either a newer model or something different.

Sounds to me like you need to find a new dealership!

That one baffles me..

I have heard this to be a problem, I just turned over 20,000 km. (12,000 miles) this morning and so far so good.

I am fairly sure the passenger door issue is a recall notice. Not sure about the tailgate though.

I am surprised,you may want to take this up with the company who did your brakes.

This may be a wheel allignment problem, you should have it looked at

This is definately a problem with the dealership and they should take responsibility for this.

Don't give up on the Journey, there are many satified owners out there.

Some people are hard on Brakes due to the fact they use two feet when driving.

My mother was very hard on brakes, she used her right for the gas pedal and the left for the brake .......So what this means when your driving, her left foot always was resting on the pedal and everyone knows with power brakes it don't take very much pressure to apply them.

I am not saying this is your trouble/problem........But many drivers out there use both feet to drive and this should be a issue to any of them.

How many reading this post use two feet when driving?

.......Caper....

Edited by caperinmuskoka

Just curious

I have a loaded up 2010 R/T AWD that now has 20,000 kms (12,000 miles) and so far no probems at all. I bought it in August 2010. I'm not sure if that is what you wanted to hear, but count me as one person who is happy with his Journey. I know others have had some problems and they do have my sympathy, I guess I just lucked out.

Terry

http://www.dodgejour...2388-windancer/

Edited by Windancer

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2010 with 14,500 no major issues accept i have come back 3 rd time for an oil change.

The oil change idiot light i have been told is actually a smart light and counts number starts, distance, etc.. i think next time i will just check the oil b4 i go. I do many short trips few kms from home to local commuter train stn., and my brakes are still fine. Other than this, and poor gas mileage - i am extremely pleased with my SE + hope to keeper for 10 yrs.(if i can still afford the gas that is) ... Does anyone know where to get cross bars for the roof rack at a reasonable price ?

• 2 months later...

2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD 3.5L.

Uses a little over 1.5q in 3k miles. Monitoring oil consumption but the dealership claims 1q/1k is within normal limits.

430 Media Center does not stream BT audio like it was stated. Hard to find updates for radio. Mitsubishi version is not well supported like the other manufacturer of Chrysler headunits.

Otherwise its not a bad vehicle, but even with the third row it is cramped for a family of five with 2 kids in boosters and a baby carrier. Need something bigger.