2010 Journey, anyone have one and any problems?

04redmach1

I'm tired of the ford dealerships in my area. They either want to fuck you or not help you. So I am going to give to 2010 Journey a go. Dealer has reassured me on brakes and would take car of any problems IN WRITING! Looking at flexable seating group and convenience package. Deep blue pearl. Giving me good money for my trade and doing me good on price for Journey with a gurantee in writing for brakes.

FYI -- My financing was pre-approved at AAA for 3.99% (5 years if I wanted it).

Dealer said they would beat any offer. I asked for more than "... a .01 token offer..."

Finance guy was very surprised when his finance institution - Rockland - came in at 3.89% for 5 years.

YMMV

I just took delivery of a Deep Water Blue Pearl '10 SXT last Friday. Managed to get 0%/48 financing. Had 4 mi on the odometer and it's up to about 350mi now. There have been no problems at all, just as anyone should expect out of a new car. The Journey feels very solid to me - more so than any new car I've ever purchased. Maybe that's because it's been eight years since I bought a new car, though!

I plan on heavily accessorizing the car over the next year(s). This forum has given me some good ideas. I've also learned that I should take it in for a full brake inspection at 11,900 miles. You've got to think that the brake issue has been resolved, but who knows...

On a funny note, I thought I had a rattle from the right rear door after taking delivery. Sounded like something inside the door was banging around when I hit bumps. I was kind of pissed, to tell the truth. After a day of letting that rattle tarnish my new car experience, I went back there to check it out. Turns out whoever prepped the vehicle left their razor glass scraper knife in the door pocket. It was rattling around and making the noise. So, not only was it a false alarm, but I got a free glass scraper out of the deal!

DP

Good stuff. You guys have leather or cloth? We are getting cloth because we kill leather when getting in and out. My back doesn't allow me to do much so I slide out and leather doesn't like that too much. Prolly grab me one of those nice massage pads to go on seat hehe. How does cloth wear for you guys as of now? Stain easy?

Good stuff. You guys have leather or cloth? We are getting cloth because we kill leather when getting in and out. My back doesn't allow me to do much so I slide out and leather doesn't like that too much. Prolly grab me one of those nice massage pads to go on seat hehe. How does cloth wear for you guys as of now? Stain easy?

My wife die not like the seat quality of the cloth seats. Not sure if the inner structure is the same on both.

I've got cloth, which suits me fine. I've never been a big leather fan, but that's just me. My car's way too new to comment on durability. I did manage to spill some coffee on the floor carpet, though. It came right out with a napkin.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased my new 2010 Journey RT/AWD, November 25/09. I was not in need of a new vehicle at the time however after receiving a call from a friend who owns two Chrysler and one GM dealership trying to increase much needed sales by calling friends and long time customers informed me he could offer amazing deals on vehicles that he had in his inventory. He also knew I had 150,000 (trouble free) miles on my 2006 Durango and I was waiting for the new 2012 Durango's to be introduced as my next personal vehicle purchase. Not needing any trucks for the business (we have 3 sitting unused because of the economy) I decided to look for a back-up for my current Durango should it not last until the new Durango's are introduced if ever. I first looked at the Tahoe's he had in stock and I really liked them but I quickly ruled them out as the $48,000 price was way more than I wanted to pay. The Acadia was the next vehicle I looked at while not as nice as the Tahoe it was more than acceptable but fully equipped was still $40,000 even with discounts. Realizing I was quickly losing interest and not really needing a new vehicle at the time he suggested we drive over to his Chrysler dealership about 12 miles away. The first vehicle we looked at was a 2010 RT/AWD Inferno Red, fully equipped.This vehicle's list price was $34,700. His sale price was 30,500 OTD with 48 month 0% interest with no trade,in my opinion a fair price from a dealer desperate to move inventory. The real test would be the test drive to see if I could adapt to a smaller crossover. Needless to say I picked up that Journey that night knowing I still had the Durango and my company leased Buick for transportation should I not be happy with the new Journey.

Yesterday I turned 1,000 miles on the Journey and I couldn't be happier. I have not experienced any of problems that many have expressed here on this forum. The Journey handles very well in dry,wet and snow conditions.The ride is very good and quiet and comfortable and the car responds well with smooth shifting and I am getting 19 mpg combined city and highway driving and I expect that to improve as the engine breaks in with more miles. I now find myself making excuses to drive the Journey instead of the others because I have found it to be such a pleasure to drive. I also know that 1,000 miles is not enough miles to make a qualified review for any vehicle but I have been very impressed with the Journey at this early stage.It seems Chrysler has solved many of the problems from the earlier model years and are getting closer to the Journey being what it was intended to be and with the changes planned for the 2011 model year the Journey may become a word class crossover if they don't run out of taxpayer money first. I enjoy reading this forum however I wish more people with 2010 Journeys would express their experiences to see if the problems have been resolved and share both good and bad experiences, Happy Motoring and more importantly have a safe and Merry Christmas :happy feet:

I purchased my new 2010 Journey RT/AWD, November 25/09. I was not in need of a new vehicle at the time however after receiving a call from a friend who owns two Chrysler and one GM dealership trying to increase much needed sales by calling friends and long time customers informed me he could offer amazing deals on vehicles that he had in his inventory. He also knew I had 150,000 (trouble free) miles on my 2006 Durango and I was waiting for the new 2012 Durango's to be introduced as my next personal vehicle purchase. Not needing any trucks for the business (we have 3 sitting unused because of the economy) I decided to look for a back-up for my current Durango should it not last until the new Durango's are introduced if ever. I first looked at the Tahoe's he had in stock and I really liked them but I quickly ruled them out as the $48,000 price was way more than I wanted to pay. The Acadia was the next vehicle I looked at while not as nice as the Tahoe it was more than acceptable but fully equipped was still $40,000 even with discounts. Realizing I was quickly losing interest and not really needing a new vehicle at the time he suggested we drive over to his Chrysler dealership about 12 miles away. The first vehicle we looked at was a 2010 RT/AWD Inferno Red, fully equipped.This vehicle's list price was $34,700. His sale price was 30,500 OTD with 48 month 0% interest with no trade,in my opinion a fair price from a dealer desperate to move inventory. The real test would be the test drive to see if I could adapt to a smaller crossover. Needless to say I picked up that Journey that night knowing I still had the Durango and my company leased Buick for transportation should I not be happy with the new Journey.

Yesterday I turned 1,000 miles on the Journey and I couldn't be happier. I have not experienced any of problems that many have expressed here on this forum. The Journey handles very well in dry,wet and snow conditions.The ride is very good and quiet and comfortable and the car responds well with smooth shifting and I am getting 19 mpg combined city and highway driving and I expect that to improve as the engine breaks in with more miles. I now find myself making excuses to drive the Journey instead of the others because I have found it to be such a pleasure to drive. I also know that 1,000 miles is not enough miles to make a qualified review for any vehicle but I have been very impressed with the Journey at this early stage.It seems Chrysler has solved many of the problems from the earlier model years and are getting closer to the Journey being what it was intended to be and with the changes planned for the 2011 model year the Journey may become a word class crossover if they don't run out of taxpayer money first. I enjoy reading this forum however I wish more people with 2010 Journeys would express their experiences to see if the problems have been resolved and share both good and bad experiences, Happy Motoring and more importantly have a safe and Merry Christmas :happy feet:

I have an 09 RT (one of the 1st) I think and as of today I have almost 74000klms on it & Iam also very happy-fun to drive-handles well-21mpg avg -the only thing I really hate are the crappy spineboard seats

I hope I have not jinxed myself by writing this but so far it has been fine-if the 2011 are better I would seriously consider another one

... I enjoy reading this forum however I wish more people with 2010 Journeys would express their experiences to see if the problems have been resolved and share both good and bad experiences...

Okay, I'll chime in. My '10 FWD SXT is a little over a month old now and it's pushing very close to 1400 mi (may be over it, but I don't feel like going outside and checking right now). Not a single problem up to this point. Rides very nice & smooth and, I too have found excuses to drive it. I don't normally drive this many miles a month but have tended to take "long cuts" to my destinations. I don't really know why, but I do. On my last fill-up (today), I calculated 21.4 MPG (my best yet). I drive about a 60/40 mix of city vs/ highway miles. Probably my only complaint is that under _casual_ acceleration, it seems to work it's way up to 6th gear a little quicker than I think it should and, once it reaches 6th, it holds on to that gear a little longer than I think it should. Takes a little more depression of the accelerator to get it to kick down. But, I've pretty much gotten used to that, and if that's the only thing I can complain about, then I'm in good shape. BTW, under HARD acceleration, it works through the gears nicely and has no problem merging into traffic, hehe...

I've been waiting until I had a little more miles under my belt before I posted any comments. Maybe now I'll break my silence and start posting comments to the various review sites online.

Im with stupid ^^^ hahahaha. It is nice once she gets around 4500+ RPM's. I guess the engine has a valve operation similar to the v-tec hondas. Once it hits over 4500 RPM's you can feel it get into a power band like a 2 stroke. I usually just start slapping back to manual shift and having fun hehe.

My main complaint is the crappy seats. I am going to talk with a upholstery company on this though.

I have an almost 2 month old 2010 sxt and so far no probs besides a blown tire due to nails.

I am in Winnipeg and we just went through a cold snap down to -30 with up to -38 with the wind chill and this vehicle had no cold starting issues at all. Definitely grumbled a little on the cold start but still turned over and ran. I Was kinda surprised too with the ice and snow we have how well it handles with the factory Kumho's. Pretty impressed at this point.