radio won't turn on sometimes

Anyone else having this issue ? Sometimes the radio simply will not turn on after starting the car. I have to stop and shut off the , re-start and all is fine. Took car in for oil change and they said radio has the latest firmware / software etc...? Car out of warranty ( 2012) but what a pain sometimes.

Edited by probak118
spelling

Yes phone synched in fact, two phones and an ipod. 

This is the only issue that I have noticed. 

It is such a small issue that I would not bother paying for it to be investigated.  I was just wondering if I was alone on this one. Car is going in on the 16th for power steering re-call maybe I will ask them if they have encountered this issue before ?

Same problem with our 2013 Journey Crew. As well, the radio sometimes changed stations by itself. Then Navigation maps were wiped out and didn't work. Local dealership put in a new radio (under warranty) and everything works fine now. I know, really strange...

16 hours ago, probak118 said:

Yes phone synched in fact, two phones and an ipod. 

This is the only issue that I have noticed. 

It is such a small issue that I would not bother paying for it to be investigated.  I was just wondering if I was alone on this one. Car is going in on the 16th for power steering re-call maybe I will ask them if they have encountered this issue before ?

Just to follow up is it an iPhone?  If it happens again can you take a look at the phone screen and see if it appears the phone is on a call and pressing transfer to cell returns the radio to normal.

My wife seems to think this did start after doing an upgrade to her iPhone and when I was in the car today it did it once out of maybe 3-4  vehicle starts.