Sailun WST1 Winter tires

Cableguy

Just wondering if anybody out there has had a set of winter tires from Sailun. The tires I picked up are the Sailun WST1 winter tires for my 2015 journey. They are 225 65R 17.  Just looking for some feedback as for their performance. I will be getting them studded to provide extra grip for my wife since she drives the vehicle to and from work mostly.

Just curious, most of the time I read how simply using winter tires is a GREAT improvement for traction in snow over all seasons.  Here in southwestern Ontario really winter tires are for piece of mind really but, I know in Quebec you a required by law to use snow tires in winter.  Are studs needed due to living in hilly area, or using logging roads etc...? I had heard some time ago that studs do a number on the paved road etc...? Sorry if I got off your topic.

Not sure what the law is in P.Q. but I do believe studs are illegal in Ontario.  They are legal here in Mb. but few have them.  The softer compound of the winter tire is what really gains the traction.  I would not even consider studs.  Too noisy on dry pavement.

H.P.

My parents have studded tires for their Charger and the studs do help on ice.  Tried their car out myself and there is a difference when it comes to icy conditions. Studded tires are only allowed in Ontario if you live in northern Ontario.  I believe its everything north of the Parry Sound area.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of Sailun Winter Tireon my 2008 Pontiac G5 Coupe.  They worked very well driving from Barrie into Toronto on a daily basis.  I had them on for all our winters that I owned the car and sold them with the car and they still had about 50% of their tread left.  They handled the daily 400 commute well enough.  They were better on slush and ice than deep snow (over 6") but I would buy another set if I needed to ...