Code P2066

Well guys and gals, never had a problem with the journey, and its a great vehicle. But just yesterday on the highway she just shut off, pulled over and she would not crank over. After about an hour and in 110 degree heat, she started up. I had 58 miles to empty, next exit 2 miles away for fuel, by the time I got to the exit she was on low fuel. Made it to the station filled her up, and still had 3 gallons in the tank? Anyways pulled the code today, p2066 fuel level sensor 2 performance, is what I found on the net.

Anybody ever experience this? And any help on what I need to change to fix this is appreciated, hate for this to happen to my wife and kids on the highway.

Not sure either but when I used the scanner this is exactly what it showed. p2066 misfire fuel comp cat evap 02 sensor 02 heater egr. So how can I know for sure? Really need to resolve this asap.

Don't want to just throw money at it, never had an 02 sensor do something like that either.

This sounds like the guy from Argentina. His car also suddenly quit on his way home. He never posted back what the problem was.

I never had any electronic issues with my 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade. My 2006 Jeep Commander and my 2011 Nitro each had occasional electronic hiccups! Thank God for warranties.

Edited by dhh3

I love my DJ, but man it's like sensor madness on these new cars. I have no idea what's going on in this case, but it seems like some sensor caused you to be stranded. Which is worse, the problem it's sensing or the sensor? Ha! Compared to my Dakota, the DJ is more like the space shuttle! Sensors on everything. I suppose it's better now? I'll be waiting for an update. Good luck.

Ok updated, since its all wheel drive the fuel tank in saddled, its got 2 fuel pumps. Passenger side when on low fuel transfers fuel to the driver side tank, and that side the driver side is the main pump that pumps fuel to the engine.

So anyways passenger side pump is on order, hopefully here before the 4th. On install cant get it through the top, meaning removing the back seats and lifting the carpet, tank must be lowered.

You front wheel drive guys/gals, I'm going to say don't have to worry about the second fuel pump, but I personally love AWD, just a pain to remove the shaft then start on dropping the tank. Anyways hope this helps anybody

that ever has this code.

Edited by Journey Dude

Ok updated, since its all wheel drive the fuel tank in saddled, its got 2 fuel pumps. Passenger side when on low fuel transfers fuel to the driver side tank, and that side the driver side is the main pump that pumps fuel to the engine.

So anyways passenger side pump is on order, hopefully here before the 4th. On install cant get it through the top, meaning removing the back seats and lifting the carpet, tank must be lowered.

You front wheel drive guys/gals, I'm going to say don't have to worry about the second fuel pump, but I personally love AWD, just a pain to remove the shaft then start on dropping the tank. Anyways hope this helps anybody

that ever has this code.

so how did you decided it was the second pump, did the dealer diagnose the problem. sounds like you are doing your own install good luck and keep us informed on the repair for future posters on this problem.......

I scanned the code first, as soon as I got home, looked up the code and it said fuel level sensor performance "B". So did some research on that, and because it is a AWD, the shaft that goes to the rear divides the tank, "saddled tank", so found out it has two fuel pumps.

"B" is for the second pump, that sends the remaining fuel from the left side tank to the right side that sends it to the engine, so to verify, I looked under and saw the fuel lines on the right side. Now on the install, I have a friend at a Dodge, I will not disclose on cost of the pump or labor, but hes doing it at his cost, and it is a lot cheaper than I thought, so I will not be tackling it.

I changed a fuel pump on our 02 GMC Denali and it was not fun on the ground, and that tank was on the side of the vehicle, on the Journey it is a bit more difficult, because of the drive shaft, and for the price hes doing for, it is not worth it for me to do it. Also he scanned it as well, to verify that it was that second pump, and sure enough it was. So anybody get this code P2066, on your AWD Journey, that's what it is, and like I said what happened to me was on the highway at 85 mph it shut off, and would not restart. After an hour, and I don't think time made a difference, I believe it just started working and pumped enough fuel on the other side, and I had enough to get me to a gas station. So I have been driving it around for a few days, but some advice, don't let the fuel go below the half way mark, just incase that second pump is dead you only half that half of tank of gas, and whatever spills over to the other side while driving and turning.

Hope this helps anybody if they get this code.