Where do you place you phone with the 8.4 touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

So, I had the 4.3 and always placed my phone in the small cubby under the touchscreen and with the 8.4 I'm not used to where place my phone

https://www.amazon.ca/Koomus-Magnetos-CD-Cradle-less-Smartphone/dp/B00HUIL310/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1465317503&sr=8-16&keywords=phone+holder

This is what I'm currently using.. I don't use the CD slot..

After making a research (including this forum members survey), I found this working the best for me:

http://www.amazon.com/Sinjimoru-including-Lightning-Charging-Package/dp/B00MLZZ7KA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Minimalistic and clean sight. One issue - they use proprietary charging cable, so you have to decide micro USB or lightning, but not all cords will fit into the bracket. The seller replaced my cord for free, though (I'm not affiliated with the seller).

Also tried cupholder mounting solution, but switched to the above.

http://www.amazon.com/Macally-Adjustable-Automobile-Smartphones-MCUP/dp/B002JTWRN8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Edited by Totemus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a Koomus Magnetos CD slot holder from Amazon. It has a mount that slips into the CD slot and then a magnetic post/plate to hold the phone itself.  The phone plate is thin enough to slip inside the case without notice at all. It says you can still use the CD player but you have to remove the holder to swap CD's.

I have the iPhone 6s+ and there was no place to put the phone except rattling around the cup holder. This mount puts the phone right in front of the fan control but its still accessible and the cup holders are free too. Works great when using Goole Maps for a navigation aid. Theres an updated version of the holder for a few $ more that looks good too and might not block the fan control at all. 

Koomus Magnetos

22 hours ago, dhh3 said:

Not a fan of having to look down at the Nav screen.  The vent mount I use puts it at eye level, so I don't have to take my eyes off of the road.

I considered one but I live in the south and that cold air blasting the phone and then stepping out into our high humidity didn't seem like a good thing.  We have a month and a half yearly where if you are in the car for 20 minutes or more your eye glasses are going to fog over as soon as you step out.

Also, unless you are a gecko you are likely taking your eyes off the road to look, you just don't have to go as far to look.   

10 minutes ago, dhh3 said:

No problems with the phone on 90% humidity days here, but a good point that I never considered.

I don't know the science on it. Seems the phone would act similarly to the eyeglass because it was in the same environments too but I never noticed it doing it. Maybe the internals on the phone keep it warm enough.