Power steering hose issue recall for Canada - all model years

Saw article in our local paper,. Would you not think they would have records of these repairs. Then, automatically send refunds to the individuals on file ? Anything to save from paying out any more than they need too I guess ?

Saw article in our local paper,. Would you not think they would have records of these repairs. Then, automatically send refunds to the individuals on file ? Anything to save from paying out any more than they need too I guess ?

Thats funny.....if you dont ask, they dont pay. Howmany people have dumped their cars for somethingnew? Howmany are wrecked, etc. they save millions doing it how they do.

• 8 months later...

So I've gone through 3 hoses this winter on my '13 Journey, and when I searched my vin it doesn't come up with this recall. From what I've read, only vehicles that were/are sold initially in the northern states are covered, which is bullshit. Being as mine was 1st sold in Florida, and now it's with me in Alaska that means I have to pay?? Bullshit.

Does anyone have an email address or phone # that I could have to try and get Dodge to refund me, and also have the recall work done?? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alaskan_Journey_907

• 1 year later...

I have a 2015 blacktop edition and the recall was done on mine but the recall was for the long line that acts as the power steering cooler that goes all the way to the front of the car.  I've recently had another power steering issue and it was because the shorter line going towards the rack and pinion let go and ended up getting it replaced under warranty at 42000km.  It seems that line also let go at the crimp where the rubber line changes to the rigid metal line.  This let go on a cold winter morning just as the other did for the recall.  Something for all of you to be aware of.

ee