make-up mirrors, poor interior fit/finish

mbardsley

• 2 weeks later...
both of our flip covers on the visor mirrors are broken, as well as the conversation mirror. looking at them reminds me of something you get at the dollar store. just cant wait to hear the dealer on this on.

I had the same problem with both of mine as well. We contacted the dealer and they are on backorder. It seems to be a pretty common problem. We've been waiting about 2 months now.

So far, I've had the following problems (and my Journey is 3 months old).

1: Passenger vanity mirror cover broke off.

2: Sunroof leaks into the interior every time it rains.

3: Creaky headliner on the driver side.

4: Squeaky steering.

Overall, these are not major problems and aren't that big a deal. But I've never owned a car with this many problems. Frankly, it's ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
both of our flip covers on the visor mirrors are broken, as well as the conversation mirror.

Just talked to the parts guy at my dealer. He says there are 687 of the illumintated sun visors currently on back-order. Not sure if this includes both sides or just the passenger side. The good news is the supplier just committed today to ship 1000 of these. He said by the time Dodge gets them and ships them out to the dealerships, they should be available by first week of November or so.

• 2 months later...
Just talked to the parts guy at my dealer. He says there are 687 of the illumintated sun visors currently on back-order. Not sure if this includes both sides or just the passenger side. The good news is the supplier just committed today to ship 1000 of these. He said by the time Dodge gets them and ships them out to the dealerships, they should be available by first week of November or so.

I bought the journey on july 2008, and both sun visor covers of mirrors broken after 2 months of purchase; I went to the dealer for the first service and mentioned about it, they told me that they can order if I want it by paying the 60 dlls of each, because the warranty did not cover. Of course I was very disapointed with that. The lot # for both sun visor are dec 07. Are yours the same, you can check it on the inside of the cover, (looks like a clock, ·# and arrow) ??

I bought the journey on july 2008, and both sun visor covers of mirrors broken after 2 months of purchase; I went to the dealer for the first service and mentioned about it, they told me that they can order if I want it by paying the 60 dlls of each, because the warranty did not cover. Of course I was very disapointed with that. The lot # for both sun visor are dec 07. Are yours the same, you can check it on the inside of the cover, (looks like a clock, ·# and arrow) ??

I don't know about your dealer, but my local dealer replaced both sun visor covers under warranty (with no charge to me). I think that's been the case for other members of the forum that have had the issue. I'd take your Journey to another dealer and see what they can do. If they broke with normal wear and tear, emphasize it.

• 5 months later...

my, passanger side sunvisor mirro cover broke a few weeks back. Dealer had it in stock and replaced it under warranty....so far, its the only piece that has broke on the interior of my car. 12000 miles into ownership (8 months)

That happened to mine and about 500 miles out of warranty the other one broke. Dodge wouldn't replace the other one. They are over $100.00 to replace.

• 4 years later...

Hello! I know this is an old thread, but for those drivers who have a 2009-2011 Dodge Journey with the interior sun visor mirror cover broken, you have options. The discussion is that you have to buy the whole visor, but they actually make a kit for just the covers. You get two covers (mine were grey) for $3. If you Google "RRT_09060", it has the Rapid Response Transmittal 09-060 which tells the part number for the covers (68068736AA) and how to install them. So, if you want the whole visor, you can find them for $40-60 each, or if you just want to fix the cover itself, it's only $1.50 each. So, call your local Dodge/ Chrysler dealer and if they don't have them, they can get them. And BTW, the pins on the new covers are metal, not plastic.

HTH!

Regards,

Leaning

Edited by leaning

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...