Second row seat stuck

Kelseypjohnson

The seat in the back isn't folded forward. The middle seat is just folded and stuck forward. I can not slide it back for the life of me.

What I think dhh3 was asking is did you put the seat back up... you said "is just folded"... did you "unfold" it before attempting to move it?

Pull the passenger front seat forward enough to get the seat to fold flat, to reset the latching mechanism. The second row seats will not go back unless the backrest is all the way up and the seat cushion all the way down..

Edited by dhh3

If it is that far forward, the front of the seat is beyond the track. Look at where the seat rides on the track, get a crowbar and see if you can force it back. The seat back has to be up and the seat cushion down in order to move the seat back.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So I know this is super late but I just bought a 2015 journey yesterday. But for anyone having this problem ( like myself ) the best thing to do is to make sure it gets fixed b4 you buy the car or put it in the you owe me part of the paperwork when you buy the car like I did. I dont really know how to fix it yet, but I did get my seat to go back to the original position. While the seat is stuck in the folded position (pushed forward) you will find two holes underneath where the base of the seat would be if it was back down. In those two holes you will see two silver latches if you PUSH both at the same time the seat will be able to slide back while you push them in. Then you will have room to push the base of the seat down(clear of the middle console). Keep in mind b4 you do put the base of the seat down to push the seat in your desired position because chances are good the lever to adjust that motion does not work... another side issue that might happen is once you do all this the base of the seat might still not stay down this is because the latch(located in the middle of the two holes I described earlier)is not grabbing the hook underneath the base of the seat to unjam this there is a lever or switch next to the latch pull or push it and it will unlock/unjam the latch then that base of the seat should go down...  hope this helps anyone faced with this issue.