fold down passenger seat

abelizer

It was described in the manual for my '11, so it was probably in all of the current-design models ('11 onward). Adding it involves removing and replacing the entire seat assembly which isn't 'difficult', but is probably a 2 person job to muscle the entire seat out and back in.

You can probably locate one at a scrap yard.

Good point, but he'd be replacing the entire seat, right down to the rails - and the weight sensor is part of every passenger seat in all of the Journeys, so still no more difference than replacing the seat with one that has heating elements vs. one that doesn't.

I've noted that the seatbelt chime only goes off when someone is sitting there. I've often wondered how much weight it would take to make the car think someone was there and not belted up.

Would 10kg be enough? 20? If I happened to be carting 20L of water for whatever reason, would I need to put the seatbelt in to make the damned thing cease its racket?

Oh yeah; Tangent Alert.

Edited by BlindSquirrel

It's simple enough to disable the chime - I've always had it off on my Journeys. In any case there is no calibration of the occupancy switch required - it's a switch.

And it would also be a simple matter to swap connectors between the seats if the replacement has a different size.

Neither is a significant issue.

With the huge back brace I am still wearing (I am referred to as Darth Vader), and my seat all the way up, finding the end for the seat belt became too difficult. I found a seat belt extender, the one with no webbing, that just clips into the original. Now, if I'm the only one in the car, the chime never comes on. Sometimes I get to my destination, only to find I never put on my seatbelt.

That's why we have access to the online wiring diagram - simple enough to figure out and splice the connector from the old seat onto the new one. Of course if you get the right seat from the same model year it won't be an issue, because the connectors will be the same.

You could always 1: make your own connector using crimp connectors or 2: make a soder connection with shrink tubing covering the connections. All the connector is for is ease of swapping out seats, sensors, etc. when the seat needs to be removed. Not system critical.

Edited by OhareFred

Was this option separate from other seating options? I have the third row seat and folding second row but can't figure out if the front seat folds flat or not. I can't seem to make it happen so I probably don't have it. Do you operate the folding by simply using the same lever that controls the seatback angle?