UConnect is effing worthless (help send a message to mopar)

We're talking about bluetooth connectivity, right? I see statements that UConnect only supports iOS 7 or something. Isn't that irrelevant if the bluetooth standard is correctly supported? My old Ford Escape (2012) works just fine with my Nexus 6P (with Android 6.0.1).

Yes Marc - they're primarily discussing music support via USB for uConnect. But only some phones support on screen text message support (My Samsung Galaxy S5 among them).

Note that there's no metadata (which is used to display song titles and stuff) for BT connected music either.

xcaliber . . . . your phone doesn't need to be compatible with voice recognition - it is the head unit that decodes the commands and then send the 'dial nnnnnnn' command to the phone. I've yet to run into a phone (noting that I don't use and never will use an Apple phone) that pairs with the system that I can't dial directly or choose a phonebook entry from using voice command.

What do you mean messaging? Any chance you can take a pic of this and show me?

iPhone_zpsanct2kvp.jpg

The word "MESSAGING" is gray. It is hard to see in this picture. Messaging not available.

Just for all you Apple haters, this is the third Mopar I have owned with Uconnect: 2006 Jeep Commander, 2011 Dodge Nitro, and my 2014 DJ. I have had every Apple Phone from the beginning, and with every phone/vehicle combination. I have always had voice recognition, and access to my contacts. I have no idea if I had texting with the Nitro because I never checked, because I could give a s**t about texting in my car. I do not have it in the DJ because the Uconnect fruit cakes won't come out of the Dark Ages and make it compatible with anything higher than iOS7.1.

My first cell phone was a Nokia slider. Then I went to a T-Mobile G1, the first Android phone. Then G2, and Samsung Galaxie S3. I did not keep that phone very long, and switched over to Apple. Google made a huge mistake making the OS as an open source platform. That Galaxie was pre-loaded with all kinds of s**t that I would never use, and all of them were constantly begging for an update. Apple preloads very little, and they update themselves.

Edited by dhh3

It is Real Walnut Burl with very few pieces, made specifically for the DJ. Around the radio, cup holders and shifter, 2 vents at the ends of the dash, switches on the doors, start button, dimmer switch and glove box handle. 3M tape and 2 pieces for the 4.2.

Edited by dhh3