Power Lift Gate

drjbg230

Keep in mind, it was designed as a Dodge back in 2007 and 2008, when Chrysler Group had to make cuts on their products. When it was refreshed for 2011, the focus was on the bigger complaints of the interior and engine/trans, and bringing the aesthetics up, than on the convenience of a power liftgate. Power liftgates are starting to be more common, so I'd be surprised if the Giulia-based replacement doesn't have it. Even the new Edge has it for 2016.

Only way to get it on a JC Dodge crossover (Journey) is to have an aftermarket company make one. That can get pricey. I haven't really thought about it in the past year and a half, so I don't think Journey needs it. It's better suited to owners of minivans and full-size SUVs, who might need it to open on its own while they're carrying fussy children or need it to close itself because it's high up.

Thanks for these responses. I guess the reason imiss it is because, and this takes courge to admit, our last vehicle was a minivan. What a pleasure though, having that power lift gate- for the dog (he became conditioned to the beep it made), for the convenience when carrying too many briefcases/laptops,boxes, etc. I'll probably forget about it too in the next couple months, but if not, the wheelchair van conversion shop is a good idea.