Blank UConnect/Radio/Climate Computer Screen 2014 Journey

I've seen a similar thread, but did not see an actual solution.

We have a 2014 Journey. Everything was running perfectly fine when I parked it at 11:30 a.m. When my wife went to drive it 2 hours later, the UConnect/radio/climate screen was BLANK. We turned the car off and restarted it several times, which has worked in the past when it's turned off randomly, but to no avail this time. She is still out and about with it as I type this, so I'm looking for answers by the time she is back (hopefully).

The car is out of warranty by about 6,000 miles (figures), and I cannot afford a dealer repair bill. Is this a fuse issue? I'm hoping beyond hope that's the case.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. I have been told that for radio issues you have to wait 30 minutes or more, before you reconnect the battery, to allow all the diodes to power down. You will not lose any settings because there is a small battery in the radio.

Diodes don't hold power. They keep power going in one direction. Capacitors hold power.....

• 2 months later...

I was just about to post a similar thread when I saw this.

My uconnect screen just shut down while driving. Radio remained on and I was able to switch between presets, adjust volume etc by using manual controls. My heated seat, however, shut off when the screen did. It remained like this until I parked and then when I opened the door the screen came on briefly then shut down. It's been fine ever since.

I take it this is a known issue?

Edited by lytefall

Actually, 8.4 . . . .

Try the power cycle - disconnect for 30 minutes and hope . . I'll assume you are out of warranty and did not buy an extended plan?

I suppose it *might* be a loose connector to the radio or display (though if the display goes out I can't imagine why it would take out the heated seats if they were on.

Ebay can be a relatively inexpensive source of replacement parts if it comes down to that. The radio and screen are easy to remove.