ROAD TRIP!! Pennsylvania/Ohio

BrianS

SWMBO and I are planning a road trip to PA and OH and ???? first week in September. Entering NY at Queenston/Lewiston crossing and heading south into PA. Couple or 3 days planned around Lancaster, Altoona, Strasburg, and Gettysburg. Maybe Hershey.... Eventually heading thru OH and MI and back to the Great White North.

Looking for destinations and attractions along the way. Covered Bridges, trains, interesting drives, etc.

Thanks in advance

Edited by BrianS

The Henry Ford Museum is in Dearborn, MI. A vast collection of industrial age, pre-industrial age, US political, 20th century, automotive and aeronautical history. There's even an exhibit showing the evolution of travel as the car was invented and evolved. Very interesting stuff. Easily more than a day to see everything. There is also a line of past US presidential limousines. Very interesting to see how drastic the changes were following John F. Kennedy's assassination in the back of an open top Continental.

The Henry Ford Museum is in Dearborn, MI. A vast collection of industrial age, pre-industrial age, US political, 20th century, automotive and aeronautical history. There's even an exhibit showing the evolution of travel as the car was invented and evolved. Very interesting stuff. Easily more than a day to see everything. There is also a line of past US presidential limousines. Very interesting to see how drastic the changes were following John F. Kennedy's assassination in the back of an open top Continental.

Thanks, been there, done that, many times. Always something new to enjoy at the Henry Ford/Greenfield Village complex.

Pack a lunch if your crossing in Niagara region on long weekend

you'll need nourishment while you wait in the line up to cross over.

Yes, I know it will be busy but we won't hit the border until Sunday afternoon... hoping the worst of the traffic is already crossed. Thanks for the reminder tho as an ounce of prevention beats a potty emergency any day. :)

SWMBO and I are planning a road trip to PA and OH and ???? first week in September. Entering NY at Queenston/Lewiston crossing and heading south into PA. Couple or 3 days planned around Lancaster, Altoona, Strasburg, and Gettysburg. Maybe Hershey.... Eventually heading thru OH and MI and back to the Great White North.

Looking for destinations and attractions along the way. Covered Bridges, trains, interesting drives, etc.

Thanks in advance

If you're going to Hershey, you may like this

• 2 weeks later...

If you're in to real football (the kind played by 300+ pound men who smash the life out of each other for 3 hours every Sunday in the fall, all for the purpose of someone else moving a leather prolate spheroid ball down a field), Canton, Ohio is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

greenfield village in detroit is a great historic place kids love it and it is real interesting all historic buildings and such. google it . I am getting the car ready for the drive out to vegas from alabama will be gone about a month,cant wait about 2 more weeks..

Edited by 2late4u

wow, didn't realize how "well traveled" I've become... Dayton air museum twice, 2 days each time. I'm still not sure I've seen everything. Armstrong Air and Space museum twice.... still thinking about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but the jury is still out on that. Greektown as well. Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum several times as well. Not much into Football.... now, if it was Hockey we might be interested. :)