Uconnect Bluetooth and iPhone 4S

Hi all.

I am hoping someone can help me out. I just picked up my 2013 Dodge Journey R/T last night. The only problem I am having is that I can't seem to connect my iPhone 4S to bluetooth through the stereo. I have even tried connecting via USB from the console. It gives me an error saying (I believe) that it is unreadable. Both phones are running iOS 8.3. I don't know the version of uconnect because I don't know where to get the information from.

If someone could help me out, that would be great!

Thanks!

Devin

Well, when I go to the settings on my stereo, I tap on "Phone and Bluetooth", but it doesn't do anything. There is no option to give me a bluetooth code or anything to connect it to my phone. I know I can use the cord to the input jack to my phone, and I am currently using a USB stick with MP3s on it and it works fine. I was hoping for the hands free phone option as well as having the option for controlling from the stereo/steering wheel. Is there a way of finding out if I have a currrent version of Uconnect?

Also, if you have your 4S running with it, may I ask what version iOS you are running?

Are you sure your radio has the u connect, hands free modual? I know when I bought my 09 all the phone and hands free buttons were there, but not hands free modual to make them work. Even the dealer was surprised. They ordered and installed the modual for free and now it works great. I have an iPhone 5 running 8.2 and it works great....hope this helps

Uconnect only supports iOS 7.1. Some have been lucky enough to get 8._ to work. I just upgraded to 8.3 and it still works. You may have to wait for Uconnect to get off their lazy butts and move into the 21st Century.

Called UConnect, there was an update for my VIN. Downloaded it, installed it, still can't get it working. It gives me an error, "Error on Reflashing", then error code 0X11FF. Please touch screen. Software missing. Formatted USB stick, put the update on it again, and tried it again.

It started installing the update. Touching Phone/Bluetooth menu doesn't do anything... can't get any further, so I can't pair the phone.

Hi Devin,

Sorry you are having issues with your new Journey. I have an iPhone 5 and operating the newest software. I was able to connect just fine to the 2013 Journey with Bluetooth. I had to make sure my Bluetooth setting on my phone was set to "on" under setting before trying to pair it with the car. After that, it worked fine. However, it will not send or receive texts through Uconnect. Everything else works through Bluetooth, though.

Although, I just found out the USB port in my console isn't working so I'm investigating that.

Keep us posted if you get your phone to pair with the Uconnect.

Edited by KS2002

• Official Dodge Support

I honestly am not sure. I would assume that, with having the options on the screen, I would have handsfree. I even have Voice Activation on my steering wheel. How do i find out if I have the module? And is the module standard?

Devin Riches,

If you shoot me a PM with the last 8 characters of your VIN, I can check the sales codes of your vehicle to verify the equipment on your Journey and capabilities.

My 4s on 8.4 was able to connect to a 4.3S radio no problem. All expected functions work correctly via bluetooth (calling, audio controlled via iPhone). If you are having issues getting the radio to update properly, my next stop would be the dealer. It's a 2013, so you should still be under warranty.

My 4s on 8.4 was able to connect to a 4.3S radio no problem. All expected functions work correctly via bluetooth (calling, audio controlled via iPhone). If you are having issues getting the radio to update properly, my next stop would be the dealer. It's a 2013, so you should still be under warranty.

I actually dropped it back off at the dealer this morning. I was on vacation this past week, but I had a stone chip in the windshield as well, so they are going to fix both.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I will keep you posted when I get my vehicle back!

I know this may sound stupid, but did you you first push the Voice Button? She will give you a list of options. Say "Pair a Phone" The code to connect via Bluetooth is 0000. Make sure Bluetooth is on, on your phone, and the little circle thing will be spinning as it searches for connectable devices. It takes a while, but Uconnect will finally appear.

Edited by dhh3

I know this may sound stupid, but did you you first push the Voice Button? She will give you a list of options. Say "Pair a Phone" The code to connect via Bluetooth is 0000. Make sure Bluetooth is on, on your phone, and the little circle thing will be spinning as it searches for connectable devices. It takes a while, but Uconnect will finally appear.

I did try that. The dealership called me. They told me that the last owner I guess had locked out the bluetooth connectivity somehow. They had to reset the whole stereo to get it working again. I am just waiting for them to replace my windshield and I go to pick it up. They tried two separate phones to make sure it worked after resetting it, and they said it seemed fine.

Not that I don't trust them, but I will be sure to try it before it leaves the parking lot.

I did try that. The dealership called me. They told me that the last owner I guess had locked out the bluetooth connectivity somehow. They had to reset the whole stereo to get it working again. I am just waiting for them to replace my windshield and I go to pick it up. They tried two separate phones to make sure it worked after resetting it, and they said it seemed fine.

Not that I don't trust them, but I will be sure to try it before it leaves the parking lot.

As you should. I'd also walk around the entire vehicle and inspect for any changes to it since you last saw it. You get one chance to notice mistreatment of your vehicle from the shop.

As you should. I'd also walk around the entire vehicle and inspect for any changes to it since you last saw it. You get one chance to notice mistreatment of your vehicle from the shop.

I really hope not. My wife's cousin works there! It was the reason we went there. But I will do that for sure. Just in case.

Good idea.

• Official Dodge Support

Devin Riches,

It's odd that the Bluetooth function was blocked somehow.

Good practice to confirm the repairs with an advisor when you pick the vehicle up.

Sounds like things are going good so far though.

Thanks for the updates.

The only thing I can think of that would cause a phone not to pair properly is previous pairing of the same phone, or too many paired devices. I assume this is a used 2013 we're talking about here? Assuming it still isn't working, you need to go into the Options menu, Phone/Audio, and delete ALL of the paired devices. Do the same on the phones you want to reconnect. Then, pair each device again.

I ran into this with an old phone (non-smart phone) that just would not update the phone book properly. I deleted the pairing from Uconnect and from the phone, but it would not re-pair properly. Until I found that it was still in Uconnect as an audio device. This was after I erased my phone. I was not happy.

• Official Dodge Support

So apparently it is the Bluetooth module. The dealership is ordering a new one. I picked it up, after they said they fixed and tested it, and it still didn't work.

That is my only issue with this vehicle now.

Devin Riches,

At this stage, I would suggest having your dealer verify the issue while you're there with your phone.

In certain cases, the phone may be the issue.