What Commuter should I get (Under $10k)

onecrazyfoo4u

I'm sick of my 170k mile Hyundai Tiburon commuter breaking down all the time...so what do you think I should get? I don't want to spend over $8k if possible, maybe up to $10k tops. Here's my criteria:

- Absolutely has to be 4-door (sedan, wagon, or hatchback)

- Lots of POWER (prefer turbo)

- Very dependable that I can stack lots of miles on

- Decent gas mileage, 24mpg or greater

- Prefer to have something with AWD for snow, but are considering others.

Here's some of the vehicles I'm looking at:

- 2005-2009 Subaru Legacy GT

- 2000-2005 Subaru WRX

- 2000-2006 Audi S4

- 2001-2004 Lexus IS300

- 2003-2006 Infinity G35 or G35X

- 2007+ MazdaSpeed3

- 2006-2007 MazdaSpeed6 AWD

Does anybody have experience with any of these vehicles? As you can see, I'm looking for something with good power for fun, but that can be somewhat luxurious too. Let me know what you think!

I just don't get the WRX pricing (it's got to be due to higher demand). They cost several thousand more than the Legacy GT, yet they have 25 less hp, aren't as luxurious inside comparatively, and have more miles...and most of them have been modified out the wazoo. I may splurge for the Legacy GT just cause they are cheaper with the less miles and more power than the WRX!

I like the G-35, just worried about RWD in the snow here...it's hard to find the AWD G-35X.

I think I'm scratching the Audi S4 off my list just cause euro vehicles are more expensive to maintain it seems like.

I just don't get the WRX pricing (it's got to be due to higher demand). They cost several thousand more than the Legacy GT, yet they have 25 less hp, aren't as luxurious inside comparatively, and have more miles...and most of them have been modified out the wazoo. I may splurge for the Legacy GT just cause they are cheaper with the less miles and more power than the WRX!

I like the G-35, just worried about RWD in the snow here...it's hard to find the AWD G-35X.

I think I'm scratching the Audi S4 off my list just cause euro vehicles are more expensive to maintain it seems like.

The Audi's are just too small inside for me. A 4-door feels like a 2-door for passengers in the back. Nice cars, just not for me. I guess I assumed (based on the list) that you were looking at the AWD Infinity, hence my recommendation... The Mazda3 isn't bad, but again pretty small. I'd go with the Lexus if you can't find the G35 in AWD.