So there have been topics that come and go on here about the text feature not working on the DJ. I assumed it was a feature for the nav radio (which I don't have) along with the fact that not all phones are supported by UConnect. Having a newer phone, I figured it would just never work for me. However, I got a new phone yesterday and when pairing, the radio asked for permission to view my messages. Moments later a text came in from my wife and it was read out loud to me. It is important to say that your options for replying are limited to a dozen or so predetermined responses, but it sure is nice to be able to listen to them and reply (albeit generically). I can't count the number of times I've gotten a text when driving that I needed to hear before I arrived at my destination, but didn't.

Kind of like getting a new toy!

It's great that your feature is working now!

I don't get the whole "text everyone everything" thing. It's a phone. People (presumably) know you're driving a vehicle with hands free calling. Call, don't text. You can talk on a speakerphone while driving (especially one that keeps your hands on the wheel!), but texting?

And supposedly I'm part of the generation that would rather text people (too impersonal for my taste) than actually talk to them!

Can't text and drive in Indiana.

I don't think it is legal to text anywhere, that's why this is a nice feature. Normally I wouldn't see the texts until I got to my destination (sometimes this is a problem if the reason for the text was to stop and get something, or a change in plans, etc.), but now I have the ability to listen to them and either use the limited responses available or call them. Either way, it is hands free. It won't allow you to read the text while driving, but it will read the out loud to you...

It's great that your feature is working now!

I don't get the whole "text everyone everything" thing. It's a phone. People (presumably) know you're driving a vehicle with hands free calling. Call, don't text. You can talk on a speakerphone while driving (especially one that keeps your hands on the wheel!), but texting?

And supposedly I'm part of the generation that would rather text people (too impersonal for my taste) than actually talk to them!

I will call someone if I have enough to say... A quick statement doesn't always require a conversation though.

While it won't display my messages on screen, my Windows Phone 8.1 does read the messages to me via Cortana and Cortana will then accept a dictated reaction (call back, reply (most . . . some of the time, and so on). It is handled by the radio as an incoming phone call, so it should work with ANY Bluetooth connection.