Second row seat issues.

I own a 2010 Dodge Journey sxt. My second row seating is causing me some issues. 1. The "tilt n slide" feature does not work on my 60/40 second row, to gain complete access to the third row, only thee slide feature works not the tilt. And 2. On 40 seat slide lever is completely unfunctional, you can pull it but it seems to not be connected to anything so the seat will not slide forward or backwards unless you are using the tilt and slide lever. Please help this is driving me crazy.

My rear seats won't slide either. Some have suggested sitting in the seat and using your body weight to force the seat to slide.

My seats are already in the far rear position which is okay with me. I've oiled the seat rails and everything. Nothing works.

I had to do that to get mine to move.

Mine have been stiff to tilt and slide since new. I'm coming up on 1 year of ownership. When I'm taking the kids to Church, they only move to 40 side. I tried the 60 side right after I bought mine. It was very stiff, and I don't believe that it has ever been moved again!

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure if the handles are connected with a cable or bar.

I will be taking it to dodge tomorrow to figure it out. I've gotten the tilt feature to work on the 60 side 3 times, by a family member. She was never able to do it again. The slide feature works when I pull the tilt and slide lever, but on the 40 side the "slide only" lever seems to be disconnected, because the "slide only" lever works on my 60 side. Who.e I'm there maybe they can fix the back of my second row, the back of all the seats are coming unclipped.

To make the 2nd row seats easier to slide, this will work in some cases:

Loosen the four seat track to floor fasteners, then tighten all four seat track to floor fasteners to 95 Nm (70 ft. lbs.) in the following sequence:

a. Front inboard bolt (closest to center console)
b. Front outboard bolt (closest to outside door)
c. Rear inboard nut (closest to center console)
d. Rear outboard bolt (closest to outside door)

(See attached file)

S1423000033_rear_seats.pdf

Edited by Milous