random honking doors unlocking and windows going down

My car randomly honks on its own. It does it while driving and while parked. It also unlocks itself and locks itself. The windows go down by themselves without touching remote or switch only happens while parked. Now my drivers window won't go up and switch only works for back rear windows. I ordered a new switch hopefully that resolves the front window issues. Still I have no clue about everything else. All fuses are in good shape.

Welcome to the forum.

There have been past posts about similar strange happenings.

They have related to the door regulator module or broken

wire in the loom between cabin and engine compartment.

You may want to try resetting the TIPM/computer link

by disconnecting the battery at the negative jumper post

for 10 - 15 minutes.

• 4 months later...

I have had the same problems. And crystler/dodge is no help with fixing the issue. Nothing has helped. Tried disconnecting the horn for a few hours then re-connecting it with no help. I have had so many other issues with this car as well. I have had the electrical wiring replaced, we've have had to Buy 3 batteries in 6 months, new alternator,replaced the computer, and have replaced the radiator twice In one year not including other issues. Even after doing all of this we still have to jump the car off each morning and at random times during the day (this battery was bought less than a month ago) We are lucky to be able to drive our car 1 full week each month. This all started about 3-4 months after we bought the vehicle and there seems to be no end in sight.

Edited by sher3ck

I have had the same problems. And crystler/dodge is no help with fixing the issue. Nothing has helped. Tried disconnecting the horn for a few hours then re-connecting it with no help. I have had so many other issues with this car as well. I have had the electrical wiring replaced, we've have had to Buy 3 batteries in 6 months, new alternator,replaced the computer, and have replaced the radiator twice In one year not including other issues. Even after doing all of this we still have to jump the car off each morning and at random times during the day (this battery was bought less than a month ago) We are lucky to be able to drive our car 1 full week each month. This all started about 3-4 months after we bought the vehicle and there seems to be no end in sight.

Time to look into your lemon laws for your state. Why did you buy 3 batteries for a new car? Did the dealer reflash the car with updates?

My car randomly honks on its own. It does it while driving and while parked. It also unlocks itself and locks itself. The windows go down by themselves without touching remote or switch only happens while parked. Now my drivers window won't go up and switch only works for back rear windows. I ordered a new switch hopefully that resolves the front window issues. Still I have no clue about everything else. All fuses are in good shape.

Maybe your car is haunted! Fuses are not going to stop your random honking or windows opening and closing. Fuses cut power due to overload or short. I know for 09 DJ the wire loom in the drivers door was recalled. Maybe your car is included in it. Only the dealer will know.....

Since my last post my car has stopped honking. I replaced the drivers side door switch that controls the Windows and locks and that seems to have fixed it for now. I replaced it at the end of May. I have discovered the Windows are going down by themselves because of the key fob. The fob buttons on inside are moving around inside and are very sensitive. The key fob is crap!

I carry my Fob / keys in the "ruler" pocket of my carpenter jeans. They went through the washer last Saturday. FOB still works fine; medium load, regular wash, warm wash and rinse. The Downey made it softer!

Edited by dhh3

Do you have another dealer you can try? Your's sounds incompetent. At a minimum, they should be in contact with Chrysler engineers trying to figure this out, not just throwing parts at it...

• 4 months later...

Welcome to the forum.

You can not disarm the horn overall but you can turn the horn

off when using the key fob and you do this via/thru the settings

screen in the radio.

Be sure that when you get in the DJ that you are not accidentally

hitting the door LOCK button as you get in as this will actuate

horn beeps once you close the door.