Ok so I bought my 2015 Dodge Journey in April and my Key Fobs have been nothing but a pain in my butt.

1. I go to get in my car and put my foot on the break and it tells me that I don't have my Key Fob. So I look at my hand and say yup I sure do! I then have to walk home and grab my other Key Fob and walk back to get my car. First I tried it one more time when I got back and started on first try. So you can see how mad I would have been after walking back and forth from my house.

2. I have tried to use my command start over a dozen times and it wont work. When i press it two times it beeps at me once and does nothing.

3. I will put car in park and go to walk away and it wont lock or I will get back out to my car and it will be unlocked.

So my question is has anyone else had a problem like this? If so what did you do to fix it?

Starting to wish I would have my 2009 Dodge Journey back :(

Thank You

Sarah

Sometimes it just takes a second for the FOB to be recognized. I would bet that 100% of the time if you stayed in the vehicle and tried again it would work... This happens to me frequently. As far as the remote start goes, I've got nothing...mine is aftermarket and works perfectly. Are you perhaps out of range? I always use the handle to lock the door as I am walking away, but on the rare occasion where I have used the remote it seems to work fine as well.

You could take it in and have the software reflashed, but judging from other people's posted experiences taking it in may be a crap shoot. Is there anything that is common between all of these occurrences that may help find the underlying cause?

• Official Dodge Support

Ok so I bought my 2015 Dodge Journey in April and my Key Fobs have been nothing but a pain in my butt.

1. I go to get in my car and put my foot on the break and it tells me that I don't have my Key Fob. So I look at my hand and say yup I sure do! I then have to walk home and grab my other Key Fob and walk back to get my car. First I tried it one more time when I got back and started on first try. So you can see how mad I would have been after walking back and forth from my house.

2. I have tried to use my command start over a dozen times and it wont work. When i press it two times it beeps at me once and does nothing.

3. I will put car in park and go to walk away and it wont lock or I will get back out to my car and it will be unlocked.

So my question is has anyone else had a problem like this? If so what did you do to fix it?

Starting to wish I would have my 2009 Dodge Journey back :(

Thank You

Sarah

Sarah Peters,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Journey.

As mentioned above, you should be bringing your vehicle back to your selling dealer for an inspection and repairs.

Please keep us posted with the results after your visit.