Hi from NZ

vitusdoom

Automotive marketing is really a dark mysterious place , in our market

not all 2014 SXTs are awd as a matter of fact the majority I see on the road

in the area I live appear to be fwd.

I would say that it depends on the NZ franchisee/importer most likely.

right. thanks for letting me know. is there some way of knowing if it is a fwd or awd? cheers guys

Look underneath and see if there is a drive shaft going to the rear wheels. It is a completely automatic system, so there are no buttons/switches/levers inside!

Better yet, save the knees and just take a look at the rear of the vehicle;

AWD Journeys have the letters AWD prominently displayed on the rear of the vehicle. No letters? No AWD!!

Will it be the same in different regions though?

Look underneath and see if there is a drive shaft going to the rear wheels. It is a completely automatic system, so there are no buttons/switches/levers inside!

Will do that when I get home. I reckon its just FWD though.

Thank you for the info guys. cheers

I was just thinking that the export DJs might not say AWD on them, since the model nomenclature is different. Good idea, though.

Yeah I have seen some people here say its an AWD. but couldn't find the sticker (talk about believing on what you can't see - I can't just drop down and look at the bottom of their car :) )

FWD is good: less things to break, less maintenance, less weight (which equals better gas mileage) :).

Yes. which comes to a question of, can it go up a snowy road? (mountain/hill)

Also, I noticed when I did some searching in google. (even on dodge site) only the 2+L are FWD. and the 3.6L are AWD. I don't know if this is the case thought. didn't have the time last night to check the drive shaft (if there's one on the rear) as it was raining so hard here. WIll try it later when I get home.

Thanks guys