Best 2015 Hitch?

eightfingers

I will go with Mopar when I am ready. I intend to let my Dealer do the installation. This way, there will be no problem with adding the "code". I already have the harness that terminates behind the spare tire and the oil cooler.

Edited by dhh3

I will go with Mopar when I am ready. I intend to let my Dealer do the installation. This way, there will be no problem with adding the "code". I already have the harness that terminates behind the spare tire and the oil cooler.

This will probably be the looking one if you are after aesthetics...

This will probably be the looking one if you are after aesthetics...

I have actually never seen a DJ with a hitch. More than likely, the Mopar is probably made by one of the well known hitch makers, but there have been a few posts on here where the OP gets the hitch installed someplace other than the dealer and then can not get the lights to work. So, I am going to play it safe. I will pay more, but will be included under my Warranty.

My stealership couldn't order me a hitch so I assume they don't know about the wiring either.

interesting concept behind LED lamps and traditional turn signals.

Maybe I should just put some LED lights on the trailer and wire in a resistor to the turn signals, seems like that should do it. Or don't even bother with the resister and have the trailer blinkers just flash fast.

A while ago, end of summer or early fall last year, someone on the forum wanted to install the LED tail lights. I went to the trouble of removing both left side lights, taking pictures and posting everything for him. He never answered my post. Anyway, the lowest priced 2014 DJ still has the non-LED tail lamps. Not sure about the 2015s. I did not think that Dodge would make 2 different wire harnesses for the rear lights. If you unplug the harness from the LED taillight, there is 12v going to the light. The converter for the LEDs is built into the housing.

Just an FYI if anyone was losing sleep over this!

Edited by dhh3

Look under the rear of your DJ. Between the rear of the spare and the back bumper, there may be a wire harness that terminates here. It is either white and blue or green. This is the harness for the lights and anti sway. So, if you have this harness, you just need the short one that plugs in here and terminates at the 7 pin plug, mounted to the Mopar hitch.

etrailer has everything you need if you're not using the dealer... including a T-connector that works fine. You only NEED to go to the dealer if you are interested in using the integrated towing features like the sway control.

EDIT: I haven't decided which way to go on mine, but I am leaning toward the integrated and, more importantly, warrantied install...

Edited by Lobitz68

Look under the rear of your DJ. Between the rear of the spare and the back bumper, there may be a wire harness that terminates here. It is either white and blue or green. This is the harness for the lights and anti sway. So, if you have this harness, you just need the short one that plugs in here and terminates at the 7 pin plug, mounted to the Mopar hitch.

Is this what you're referencing? Could you provide me a link for the connector? I'd love to order a hitch and the wiring harness for this today

IaWMB6E.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

ANY UHAUL PLACE CAN ORDEDR YOU AND INSTALL THE WIRE HARNESS - FOR REGULAR LAMPS AND LED TYPES. IT DOES NOT PLUG INTO THE FACTORY WIRE PLUG AND YOU CAN NOT ORDER THE FACTORY PLUG. IT IS ONLY SUPPLIED WHEN THE VEHICLE COMES WITH THE TRAILER TOW PACKAGE. CURT ALSO SELLS A HITCH AND EITHER WIRE HARNESS.

One time I looked into getting a trailer hitch and wiring harness. No one but the dealership knew how to install the harness because of different voltages for the led lamp assembly and the traditional turn signal. Definitely have the wiring done at the stealership.

Shouldn't be any issue. All the voltages are 12 v to the bulbs. The bulb assembly does all the converting if necessary. Also, now there are 12 volt led bulbs.

• 1 month later...