2015 crossroad needs new door and fender= just purchased 2 days ago

Hshannon

Purchased new 2015 crossroad on sat. Tonight a driver crossed lanes and hit my open door of car. it bent back door and creased fender.

How much to repair this?

Are parts even available?

Just lucky to be alive, as I was reaching into center console at the time!

You might want to remove your comment about being distracted by the center console. Thier insurance company might use it to not be completely at fault.

I had $2500 worth of damage with just someone bushing across my front bumper. A door and fender sounds more expensive.

Edited by Lawdog1911

Parts should be available. Body shop has to determine to replace door, fix the door or just replace the skin of the door. Same with the fender: fix or replace. If your Dealer has a body shop, go there first. And, then get a second opinion if your State requires more than one. The B post could be damaged. They should be able to determine this on a frame machine.

I suspect that the vehicle was not in motion. And if the door was already open and the OP was reaching into the console, there is no way he can be found at fault. However if he opened the door into traffic as the other vehicle approached that can be quite another matter.

Door skins didn't used to be available from Chrysler as a part and you wouldn't want one for your vehicle in any case because the spot welds never take paint properly, so you want a new door (complete). If you have replacement cost insurance it should pay for new OEM parts and you'll be good to go.

Edited by bramfrank

Purchased new 2015 crossroad on sat. Tonight a driver crossed lanes and hit my open door of car. it bent back door and creased fender.

How much to repair this?

Are parts even available?

Just lucky to be alive, as I was reaching into center console at the time!

Hate to say it but if your door was open into a traffic lane, you are at fault, even if the other guy crossed4 lanes to get there! More importantly no one was hurt and it's not a difficult repair for a good shop. Happens all the time.

This is why no one should ever open their door until they're ready to leave the car, and have checked for traffic...

Cost to fix depends on the body shop you choose. You're looking at a new door, door panel, fender, hinges, paint, and possible unibody repair. Many thousands of dollars.