Journey SE Plus 4 Cylinder

EGH1975

Where do I start? I had a problem with the Journey decelerating. So I had my computer flashed. And then again. So I've had my computer flashed twice. Right now I need to bring it in because when I have my heater/ac off and the temp controls set to the coldest on both driver and passenger I get a lot of heat under the dash on the driver side. I have to turn on my A/C for a minute then it goes away. I've also had a delay in the car starting a couple of times. Lately the radio is turning the channel by itself. At first i thought my wife was doing something wrong but then I checked it myself and the radio does turn on it's own. And how the heck do you clean them seats. Even if water gets on them they stain. I had snow drop in from the window and now there's a water stain. Big mistake getting the 4 cylinder because I feel that's it's sluggish at times. It doesn't accelerate real good and sometimes it's ok. One last thing if anyone knows if this is normal, when you push your turning signal on, but not allow it to click in, like you're changing lanes and then let go, does the blinker stay on for a few seconds after you let go?

Nice to know if there is anyone else with these issues? thanks

Where do I start? I had a problem with the Journey decelerating. So I had my computer flashed. And then again. So I've had my computer flashed twice. Right now I need to bring it in because when I have my heater/ac off and the temp controls set to the coldest on both driver and passenger I get a lot of heat under the dash on the driver side. I have to turn on my A/C for a minute then it goes away. I've also had a delay in the car starting a couple of times. Lately the radio is turning the channel by itself. At first i thought my wife was doing something wrong but then I checked it myself and the radio does turn on it's own. And how the heck do you clean them seats. Even if water gets on them they stain. I had snow drop in from the window and now there's a water stain. Big mistake getting the 4 cylinder because I feel that's it's sluggish at times. It doesn't accelerate real good and sometimes it's ok. One last thing if anyone knows if this is normal, when you push your turning signal on, but not allow it to click in, like you're changing lanes and then let go, does the blinker stay on for a few seconds after you let go?

Nice to know if there is anyone else with these issues? thanks

Hi, sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I have many with my Journey as well, but just to let you know.....my blinker does the same thing. I have an SXT. To me it is a nuisance, but one that I can live with I guess.

I find the turn signal feature very useful when changing lanes etc rather than engaging the signal I think it is a good idea

Ditto. I like that feature as well. The first time it happened to me I thought it was messed up. The Blinker will go for three times and then shut off.

Sorry to hear that you all have such problems with your 2.4 SE.

I´m located in Germany and driving my Journey 2.4 MT since October 2008, but mostly city and around - very less highways. The 2.4 4cyl european versions (in Germany and Austria only as SE, and other countries as SXT) don´t have the 4-speed-automatic, only a 5gear manual transmisson. I don´t feel that´s it´s a week engine, but perhaps the characteristics are different to the automatic. I also have no comparison to the 2,7V6 (only in Austria available) or the 3.5V6 US Version.

Since two weeks I have now my summer tires on and I tested the high speed with a TomTom Navi - it goes 195 km/h which is 121 miles per hour - not too bad for that 4 cylinder don´t you think???

But this is not the way to drive a Journey. I like to drive my Journey around 90 miles (140 km) on highways - where it is allowed. On highways around bigger cities we have often speed limit between 62-75 miles (100-120 km). So for me it´s not really important to have a 6 cyilnder - the fuel consumption would be also to much.

Right now I got no problems which my Journey so far *knockonwood*, only the fuel consumption over winter time with winter tires seemed to much for me. But this afternoon I visit my dealer to see if he can adjust the engine a bit or they have a software update which helps. With a gosoline price of 1,20 EURO per litre it´s important to save a bit.

As we have not to cover such long distances here in Germany (we are smaller than Wisconsin and Wyoming together) our first problems will occur perhaps only a bit later than in the USA or Canada.

So don´t despair on your Journeys - I think it´s more or less usual that completely new cars have what we call "teething troubles". I´m sure that your dealers will find solutions for all of this problems. And I´m sure that it is a good and fair car - if not I´ve never bought it after my two Voyagers.

CU soon again here inForum.

Thanks for all your replies it gives me hope that all will be well. Just a couple things to add. Yesterday I received my recall slip something to do with the power and fuse. And a nice day out I decided to clean the vehicle. Does anyone have any tricks on how to clean these seats? They are not leather. They are the ones that are cloth the ones that come with SE I guess. While cleaning I noticed the rubber piece the put on between the backdoor and the frame was loose and starting to come off. That piece sits on the lower left on the arch if you are facing the car. Anyone else?

We have had our Journey SE since last December. Almost 5000 miles on it and no issues so far. It will go in for the recall soon (power outlet cable issue). We do have the family pack so we have the stain resistant seats. Had no problems getting stains of those with just water. We use it as a work horse and mainly around town and so the 4 cylinder is just fine. When merging onto the freeway you have to plan right since of course it does not accelerate too fast. But once it is going, it goes well. My Magnum SRT8 is on the other side of the spectrum. It goes almost too fast. Around town the Journey makes a lot more sense and we like it a lot. And I do like the turn signal thing. The Magnum does the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my Journey SE since Nov '08 and I've had no problems to date. It has the 2.4L engine with the PLUS package. I've purchased this vehicle to be the family's second vehicle as our other car is a '04 Chrysler Intrepid SXT.

Now I have a belief that you get what you pay for. I primarily bought my Journey for the fuel economy because the Intrepid runs a 3.5L HO engine and the fuel economy is just not there. In my house of three drivers, I'm the primary driver of the Journey and I love it. It's not as fast as the Intrepid and it may not be as comfortable as the Intrepid but all of that is OK. The Journey gets my from point A to point B and back. I get almost 550KM per fill up (Intrepid: 350km).

To have been able to purchase a brand new SUV for under $18,999 cdn, I'm thrilled. The family is looking forward to doing some travelling this summer and the Intrepid will be the vehicle left home in the driveway.

NOTE: I do have one peeve though. The cloth material of the seats is weird. A drop of water hits it and it looks stained. The upside, with a damp cloth, they clean up very easily and look like brand new. As well, I ALWAYS Scotch Guard my interiors of my vehicles. This ensures the new look last longer.