BRAKES

Anyone have problem with brakes on 2014 DJ when pushing on brake it seems to go almost too floor and have to pump it again to get some peddle. But this morning when it was cold start tried brakes full peddle but drove for awhile get hot and back to same no peddle just very little . But if I pump it got full peddle but it seems to slowly go to floor any idea's out there can't take it to dealer until after Christmas if then don't . Thanks for any replies and answers to my question Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

Have to wait until after Christmas dealer not open maybe next day they will be open hopefully . I'm in Florida and from Canada wish me luck ???? When I get it checked out and repaired check back what the problem was and repair . Thanks

Edited by ltdjourney

So I got Journey in this morning ,had DJ for 1 hr checking and driving it couldn't find anything wrong, I wish it was them that the problem happen to I literally had no breaks until I pumped it twice . So I pulled of hwy to first motel and stayed until morning to find a dealer , but when I started truck in morning breakes weren't to bad so I trucked on but had to pump break twice to get a good break . So I made into Florida my destination and tried to into dealer but had to wait until this morning . Breaks seems to ok now ? but I'm still little leary about still. Don't know what else to say ????

• Official Dodge Support

Anyone have problem with brakes on 2014 DJ when pushing on brake it seems to go almost too floor and have to pump it again to get some peddle. But this morning when it was cold start tried brakes full peddle but drove for awhile get hot and back to same no peddle just very little . But if I pump it got full peddle but it seems to slowly go to floor any idea's out there can't take it to dealer until after Christmas if then don't . Thanks for any replies and answers to my question Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

So I got Journey in this morning ,had DJ for 1 hr checking and driving it couldn't find anything wrong, I wish it was them that the problem happen to I literally had no breaks until I pumped it twice . So I pulled of hwy to first motel and stayed until morning to find a dealer , but when I started truck in morning breakes weren't to bad so I trucked on but had to pump break twice to get a good break . So I made into Florida my destination and tried to into dealer but had to wait until this morning . Breaks seems to ok now ? but I'm still little leary about still. Don't know what else to say ????

ltdjourney,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Keep a very close eye on this and the conditions and circumstances if it happens again.

That way there your dealer will have a better opportunity to duplicate the issue and resolve accordingly.

Keep us posted .

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do DO NOT let it pass the warranty. They will deny and reject any claims just because the warranty has passed. I'm not bitter, but I'm definitely one for customer service and my personal experience now with corporate leaves a lot to be desired.

Have them note it over and over again on your check ups. If three times same issue force them to change them. DJs from what I see are notorious for break issues.

Whatever you do DO NOT let it pass the warranty. They will deny and reject any claims just because the warranty has passed. I'm not bitter, but I'm definitely one for customer service and my personal experience now with corporate leaves a lot to be desired.

Have them note it over and over again on your check ups. If three times same issue force them to change them. DJs from what I see are notorious for break issues.

A mushy brake pedals is not the same as wear and tear of rotors and pads. If the OP has a problem with the master cylinder, brake lines and/or calipers I do believe that has a longer warranty period than your issue of rotors and pads which is 12 months and a standard time with most if not all car companies.

If it isn't leaking it is either something with the master cylinder or the ABS - and yes, unless it is the pads, calipers or rotors it is covered for the duration of the 3 year basic warranty.

It's 3 year or 60000 if I am not mistaken, my point is still the same, handle it before it goes over.