Taking apart front seats

F7Rider

According to Katzkin and at least one member on this forum, you can not add a heater to the bottom of the passenger front seat, because of some kind of sensor. I just had my local Katzkin dealer install my drivers seat heater. When I initially contacted him, he asked me if I was aware that I could only do the seat back on the passenger side. I told him that I was aware of this because I read it on the forum and told him to do only the drivers side.

Mopar did offer a set, but only for the older DJs with old style dashboard. These will not work on the new style DJ. I am fairly new to the DJ, so I do not know what year the major change was. I have no idea what sensor or what it is for.

I just edited this because I had back and bottom reversed. Sorry.

Edited by dhh3

Katzkin Leather Seats are a Mopar authorized option. The Dealer usually does not do the installation. They would use a local upholstery shop. Ask your local Dealer who they use. They should be able to tell you. I do know that you would need a special crimping tool for the clips that holds the seat covers to the frame.

Should be VERY similar to any other Dodge. I replaced the upholstery on 2 of my last 4 with Katzkins leather and it was extremely easy. Seat bolts to the floor (easy to see). Unclip any electrical connectors before trying to remove the seat. Upholstery clips to the bottom of the frame with little plastic clips. Going into it blind should be no worse than going into it with years of experience. They are very basic. Good luck, and if you do make a video, post a link!

EDIT... Probably need to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes or so before you start. There are airbags in the seats.

Edited by Lobitz68