LED Headlight Bulbs

yeah me either really lol, the one odd thing about the bulbs is once they are locked in they just rotate in the socket... i have a email in to there support staff now asking how i actually remove the bulbs, never thought i would have to ask how to remove a headlight but hey first time for everything.

Ok so i have found out something lights that's just stupid in one way but good in another. the bit that locks into the socket bloody well rotates. so once the light is locked in the first time (was easy to do once) its damn near impossible to take out. i managed to get my drivers side removed but the passenger side is pretty much in there until i find a trick to remove it without taking the headlight off of the car. so if anyone has experience with headlights that rotate once installed please let me know what im missing in getting it removed.

But on the plus side to it rotating you can sharpen the beam easier.

EDIT, so i just got a reply from there tech support saying that they are indeed not supposed to rotate, they asked for a video of the problem which i sent in so i am awaiting a responce. on a plus note i managed to get them out of the car lol

EDIT 2, replacements are in the mail

Edited by Fenweekooo

So, went and drove around for an hour last night trying to find a spot to see the northern lights (didnt see them) but more importantly got my first real test of the lights. They are bright, brighter then what i first thought. I would say they are about 75% as bright as my HID kit i had on my 300 and only 75% because of the reflector housing not focusing the light. I got flashed once which brings me to a question. Is there a way to aim the headlights? i have looked for screws and online for info but i have not been able to find anything

On my 09 there is an adjuster on the head light housing, about 1/2 way up the housing, towards the inside of the engine bay. Hard to spt, but you'll see a up and down arrow. It took me awhile to find when I installed my hid kit, but 2 full turns ( over a period of a few nights) did the trick.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...