LED Headlight Bulbs

just ordered, will post picks in a few days ($100 shipping for 2 day delivery?!?! damn teaches me for ordering after a few beer)

Oh cool! I'll be anxious to hear how they workout, and your impressions! Should be an easy install and please post pics. The dark days of winter are coming and my order finger is itchy. Just gotta pay the hockey league registration first.......

Yeah it should be easy, from the looks of it no extra power needs to be run its just the driver box that needs to be tucked away and the bulb, there going into stock reflector housings so thats why i did not go HID (i have a kit right here that will fit the car, but i dont want to be "that guy" blinding people) so we will see how these deal with light scater

So an update, i got the email today that my order had been received but the product was on backorder for 2 - 3 weeks. so i called them and canceled my order at which point i found this site https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/led_headlights_9006_single_beam so at this point i know at least 3 company's who sell this product and they are all rebranded.

the price difference is pretty big too$200 for oracle and 140ish for lifetime. so im putting in my order for lifetimes bulbs and standard shipping (no other shipping options are available for Canada, but i have a email into them asking if its possible)

A typical halogen 9006 bulb puts out approximately 1,000-1,100 lumens. At 2,200 lumens these are SIGNIFICANTLY brighter. this is also slightly brighter than HIR bulbs... However, this is still not as bright as an HID bulb (typically closer to 3,500 lumens). My only concern would be that the "hot spot" of the bulb is in the same location (in relation to the reflector) as a standard 906 bulb. If it is then you should see similar performance with much better output and clarity than your halogen bulbs...

So an update, i got the email today that my order had been received but the product was on backorder for 2 - 3 weeks. so i called them and canceled my order at which point i found this site https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/led_lights/led_headlights_9006_single_beam so at this point i know at least 3 company's who sell this product and they are all rebranded.

the price difference is pretty big too$200 for oracle and 140ish for lifetime. so im putting in my order for lifetimes bulbs and standard shipping (no other shipping options are available for Canada, but i have a email into them asking if its possible)

There are dealers in Abbotsford and Duncan... Did you call them and see if you could source them locally for a little less? Also, I see nothing to indicate that these are the same light that Oracle sells...

i did not call but i went to the duncan's dealer webpage and it dosnt look like they sell that type of thing. and aside from the heat sync being different on the oracle product they look identical to the lifetime and gtr lighting products. Either way they are ordered and should be here.. well when they get here i guess shipping USPS ground

They sure do look similar but the one thing I noticed on the Lifetime bulbs is that they are fan cooled whereas there is no mention of fan cooling on the Oracle bulbs. I am not a fan *drum symbol crash* of anything that is fan cooled, as fans with bearings wear out, and might be especially vulnerable in the extreme temperatures outside for a vehicle in this neck of the woods. The lovely Canadian Prairies swing from -30C to 30c and that ain't good for small delicate moving parts.

i did not call but i went to the duncan's dealer webpage and it dosnt look like they sell that type of thing. and aside from the heat sync being different on the oracle product they look identical to the lifetime and gtr lighting products. Either way they are ordered and should be here.. well when they get here i guess shipping USPS ground

if you look at the oracle bulbs the baseplate is the same, so i'm guessing there is a fan in them as well. they have the same driver box, same connectors, same baseplate. im betting they are the same light with a modified heatsync with everything else being identical

The specs are different if you look at both pages. That being said, it looks like a quality light, so I wouldn't be concerned. BUT, they are definitely NOT the same light. I say save a buck if you aren't losing much in return and in this case it appears like the $ savings will far outweigh any negatives from a slightly lower quality product. Can't wait to see the results.

They sure do look similar but the one thing I noticed on the Lifetime bulbs is that they are fan cooled whereas there is no mention of fan cooling on the Oracle bulbs. I am not a fan *drum symbol crash* of anything that is fan cooled, as fans with bearings wear out, and might be especially vulnerable in the extreme temperatures outside for a vehicle in this neck of the woods. The lovely Canadian Prairies swing from -30C to 30c and that ain't good for small delicate moving parts.

The Oracle bulbs are fan cooled as well.

The Lifetime LED bulbs do have a lifetime warranty as well, so if the fan failed it should be replaced...

Since it's raining again I started surfing Ebay and there are a number of sellers of 9006 LED bulbs. 6000k 20w 2400lm, US sourced vendors, selling them for around $70 usd. A number of them are fanless too.

$70 a pair? If they are fanless, how are they cooled? Huge heat sinks? I assume that the high quality ones have fans for a reason... Are there any lifetime expectancy numbers on the ones without fans? I wonder if the fan just adds longevity to the product.

Interesting... If you go to their website their is a 3000 lumen version as well. Only $90...

No one seems to make an H1 bulb unfortunately... I wonder why. When I get around to my retrofit I have H1 projectors and it would be nice to be able to go with LEDs if I wanted. Bummer...

Ok, so an update, they came! but im also in the middle of dipping my wheels so i cant move the car to get a shot of them in the underground parking yet. The install took 10 mins (cramped low beam space to work with and i have small hands) :S

so yeah, not much to say about them as of now other then they work

Ok, so an update, they came! but im also in the middle of dipping my wheels so i cant move the car to get a shot of them in the underground parking yet. The install took 10 mins (cramped low beam space to work with and i have small hands) :S

so yeah, not much to say about them as of now other then they work

Sweet. I'd love to see pics of the DJ with them on and output pics if you get an opportunity to take some pics...