auto window question.

xcaliber81

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy has a brand new ram and the switches look the same I wonder if theyll swap over? Also I guess I could swap the passenger and drivers window at the master switch somehow to see if the passenger will auto down? Since I have the drivers auto down already.

I think it was a 4-cylinder thing. My other half has a 2014 SXT Blacktop. The only options on it are the cargo cover, 8.4" screen, wheel locks, Redline Red Pearl paint, and the Blacktop appearance package. It also has only driver's one-touch down whereas my 2014 R/T Rallye AWD had both driver and passenger one-touch down and one-touch up.

• 1 year later...

Nope, not a 4 cyl thing. I have a 2016 Crossroads plus and only have Drivers side express down. I know thats not the name for it but you know what I mean. If its as simple as changing a switch i'm in. Its probably a flash to the ECM. Seems the horn even has a delay going through some complex circuit.

Nope, not a 4 cyl thing. I have a 2016 Crossroads plus and only have Drivers side express down. I know thats not the name for it but you know what I mean. If its as simple as changing a switch i'm in. Its probably a flash to the ECM. Seems the horn even has a delay going through some complex circuit.

Interesting - yet another of those 'they do it different in Canada' things - the models are unchanged for '16 in Canada, so we have no 'plus'. Yet even so, ours come with the dual express up and down in both FWD and AWD versions.

I was shocked that my dj only had drivers express down. The bean counters were really in control of the trim levels. I didn't want to upgrade one model just for the Windows... Lol. I think you can upgrade it yourself if you are good at electrical work.

I strongly suspect that it would be more than just a switch change since there is a 'learn' component to the switch operation - perhaps a sales code needs to be added, or maybe there's some sort of current monitor in the motor assembly - you'd need to have a close look at the drawings and parts lists to be certain,

Well under certain circumstances I no longer have my cvp and am in a 2015 rt and have the auto window on both sides. Tbh I cannot see it being complicated I'd go to a junk yard and try

Nope. No memory.

Looking at the wiring diagram, the link to which was posted a few topics ago, there is a significant difference in the wiring between the base (express down, driver's side only) and premium (express up and down on both sides) control systems.

The basic system is traditional, power-through-switches-to-motor based and the premium uses a canbus interfaced controller with hall effect sensors in the motor assemblies.

So it isn't going to be a 'change the switch' mod and likely also involves the addition of sales codes to the vehicle's BCM.

Edited by bramfrank

• 3 weeks later...

Caravans have this feature on all models. I once swapped my old caravans master switch assy with my '12s DJ w/o both auto buttons. It fits just fine, but both, front dri/pass switches stop working. It needs to be added to the can bus system. (DK what Sales code).