We're frustrated with how the radio and iphone don't work together. Mistakedly drove a Durango before we decided on Journey, and that radio did more with iPhone.

Issues- can't control the music on iPhone at all. Only is capable of playing music,you can't choose which music.

Can't text. With my old car, I could tell Seri, by pushing the iPhone, to send a text. Can't do that on Journey.

We called Chrysler once and asked if it would ever work better, got nowhere with that.

Any ideas?

We can make phone calls fine though. That's something,I guess.

Other than this, I love my Journey. This really isn't that big of a deal. It just feels like a step backwards,though.

Another reason why iPhone is **** :lol:

I always found Apple users pretentious and the are the same people that drink Starbucks. I'll never understand why people will pay more for an item that does less that the competitor? Get an Android phone and you won't have that problem

Another reason why iPhone is **** :lol:

I always found Apple users pretentious and the are the same people that drink Starbucks. I'll never understand why people will pay more for an item that does less that the competitor? Get an Android phone and you won't have that problem

We pay more for Apple products so we dont have to purchase new ones every year or 2.... meaning they last and work when we need them to. And on top of that Apple rarely gets viruses. There are many other products on the market that dont work with Android but work just fine with Apple. This issue/conversation is a never ending battle. Apple and Android has there place in this world.

The issue that Normagal is having isnt with Apple its with the radio in her Journey. She did say that her iPhone worked with her Durango.

What I meant to say was it appeared to us that the Durango radio was more sophisticated than the Journey radio.

We've been studying things about the Uconnect system online, and the impression is given that the Journey radio can be used to send and receive texts.

I'm wondering if this is so...iPhone or android?

I'm not a Starbucks kind of gal, I drink cheap convenience store coffee, for whatever it's worth.

I do like techy things that work,though.

Edited by Normagal

I've never had a problem with any of my android phones doing anything... My wife's iPhone on the other hand is a constant battle. I got it for her because they are easier to use than a nice andriod phone (mostly because of all of the limitations), but I am constantly dealing with all of its issues. Go figure...

Did you create this post with your iPhone? Reason I ask is because you created two identical ones and one had to be locked... Haha! Please say yes. Okay, I'm done giving you a hard time now... (all in good fun)

Edited by Lobitz68

I have an iphone, company supplied. I had a droid before. I must say, it took some getting used to but I enjoy the simplicity of the iphone. No "widgets" to mess around with. Phone starts up from off in about 30 seconds (droid took forever to "boot up"). I dont connect it to the car, but if I do, I just use a cable from the audio jack for music. It does not connect to anything using the USB port in the DJ, won't even charge. I dont text and drive so I have no need for voice activated anything. If someone calls or texts while I'm driving, I ignore it until I get where I'm going.If it's important they will call back. Too much distraction in cars these days. Heck,I hate just trying to change the vent position for rhe HVAC cause I have to press buttons which makes me take my eyes off the road.

Edited by jkeaton

I've never bothered linking my iPhone to my Journey. Am I missing out on any cool features as a result?

the only thing I've done is plug it in to charge, and then as a result, listen to the music I have stored on the phone. I'm not much of a techi guy.

I guess it depends what you consider cool... I use my bluetooth to make/receive calls, listen to Pandora/other music, etc... Don't know how cool any of that is, but it sure is useful and keeps me from taking my hand(s) of the wheel. With the 8.4 with Nav you can send text via voice commands too...

I don't know how I got 2 identical posts here...

I spent some time talking to the Uconnect people today. My radio is an 8.4- does not have nav. She says my radio will never do texting.

I did at least get it to allow me to talk to Seri on the phone today and make a text. I don't really ever txt while driving either, nor do I want or need to, but it just bugged me because I thought it was supposed to do that.

I do use it via Bluetooth to make and receive calls, and it loaded my phone book just fine.

It is what it is....the next time i get a car I will study the radio/ Bluetooth situation better.

Thanks for the input!

I spent some time talking to the Uconnect people today. My radio is an 8.4- does not have nav. She says my radio will never do texting.

I did at least get it to allow me to talk to Seri on the phone today and make a text. I don't really ever txt while driving either, nor do I want or need to, but it just bugged me because I thought it was supposed to do that.

I do use it via Bluetooth to make and receive calls, and it loaded my phone book just fine.

It is what it is....the next time i get a car I will study the radio/ Bluetooth situation better.

Thanks for the input!

How did you get it to allow you to talk with Siri? I can't get mine to do that. I also have the 8.4 inch non Nav Radio.

Thanks for the input!

glad you got it working...

Phone starts up from off in about 30 seconds (droid took forever to "boot up"). I dont connect it to the car, but if I do, I just use a cable from the audio jack for music. It does not connect to anything using the USB port in the DJ, won't even charge. I dont text and drive so I have no need for voice activated anything. If someone calls or texts while I'm driving, I ignore it until I get where I'm going.If it's important they will call back. Too much distraction in cars these days. Heck,I hate just trying to change the vent position for rhe HVAC cause I have to press buttons which makes me take my eyes off the road.

Jkeaton

I went to an Apple store and bought an adapter that allows me to plug my IPod and the Mrs.' Iphone into the USB port. This also allows us to charge the phone or the ipod while driving.

I do answer my phone, but if its not a emergancy, I just tell the caller, I'll call back in a few minutes. No sense in making them call back if it is an emergancy.

In here in Ontario, they have now introduced fines close to $300 as well as demerit points for distracted drivers.

Honestly though, it's stupid to still see people texting and talking on their phone whilst driving.

My question to those that do this....if a distracted driver kills a member of your family, how would you feel?