How many Journeys in your family

rolly

We took ownership of our Journey in December 2012 and my brother-in-law was so impressed he bought one in the same colour(Copper Pearlcoat) in July 2013. This got me to wondering how many forum members have more than one Journey in the family. I also noticed that many members have also replaced their first Journey with a newer one- so how many of you are return buyers?

We are on our second Journey. Traded our 2009 SXT FWD for a 2013 Crew a year ago. Still very satisfied with it. Only had a couple of minor issues that were resolved with no problem. I know of at least 6 Journeys at my place of employment. With one exception they are all happy with them.

We took a 2010 SXT in on trade yesterday, with only 38000 miles on it. Very tempting...but for now we are a one Journey family.

Before the Journey, my wife and I both had 300M's - a '99 and a 2000. Still have them both but the '99 is sitting at my shop, off the road, awaiting a certain 15 year old's driver's license...

We bought ours after driving my brother-in-law's Fiat Freemont (same car, different engine) in Italy.

Safe bet my Dad will never buy one. He *hates* the Journey. "Why they hell would someone buy that when they could just get a real minivan and have way more space?" I guess Dad just doesn't get the "right-sized" CUV concept. I still haven't got up the courage to tell him we bought one! He drives an Odyssey...

This got me to wondering how many forum members have more than one Journey in the family.

Well for me mine is the only one, My brother has a BMW, and my parents are deceased, I am single and most of all, I have a summer toy. I only drive maybe 10,000 kms. per year and when you drive 2 vehicles I don't put many miles on. My Journey is a 2010 and has only 40,000 kms and almost 10,000 of it is a long trip I took right after I bought it.

Terry

Summer Toy

152300918.jpg

2010 Dodge Journey

146733255.jpg

I have a convertible as well. Love it! How much top down time do you get being way up in the great white north??

Wish it was more.....LOL. but seriously I try to leave it down in the garage almost all the time from June to September. In April, May, October and even November it can be easily driven but most often with the top up.

Terry

We are on our 2nd Journey. Bought a 2009 SXT in early 2008 (March). Three years later we ended up trading it for a lightly used 2010 SXT - the 2010 had a few additional features the 2009 did not - roof rack and fog lights. The 2009 had developed a CCN issue - all the warning lights cycling on/off - was past the original warranty and we didn't have an extended warranty. Never did find out what the repair cost was but I knew it wouldn't be cheap. Plus wife had lost all confidence in it - called it "Christine" the last few days we had it.

• 1 month later...

Just have 1, and loving it. I started driving bigger vehicles a few years ago to accommodate 3 grandkids. Had hubby's mini van, then a Buick Enclave. Both of those has room for kids, but felt big to get around in to me. At first look I thought the Journey would be too small, but it's not. We only have the kids in it a couple of times a week. It's really the perfect size for me.

I'm anxious for weather nice enough to open the sun roof.

I got a 2012 new in 2012. My Mom liked it she went and got a 2010. My Dad just went and got a 2014 RT. So there are three in my family.

Couldn't they have just shared the one? :)

I use to live in your neck of the woods...quaint little town bordering a bigger big city (Hamilton). That garden center (nursey) as you are driving down from Main street west, took a lot of my money over the years...it was also in that spot that I hit a deer when I first moved to Canada...bloody thing jumped out of nowhere, it was on Xmas eve too

Couldn't they have just shared the one? :)

I use to live in your neck of the woods...quaint little town bordering a bigger big city (Hamilton). That garden center (nursey) as you are driving down from Main street west, took a lot of my money over the years...it was also in that spot that I hit a deer when I first moved to Canada...bloody thing jumped out of nowhere, it was on Xmas eve too

Bad luck hitting a deer on Christmas Eve!