Curt Hitch Install !

Journey Dude

Sorry for the late replies, haven't been on in a while. Yes the wiring and box all fit behind the driver rear light. I've pulled my trailer with it a few times and am very pleased. Got 2" ball all included, I never really recommend anything, but was really impressed with the ease of install, and $. The 4 pin connector, at least mine came with a cover lope, so I put it through the chain hook up and close, and it stays in place. Glad to see more people purchased this hitch, well worth the money!

Hello just wondering if anyone can help. I want to put a hitch on my journey but I don't wanna see the full hitch. I have been searching online I have seen several setups with a semi hidden hitch but no info. Has anyone ever came across a semi or hidden hitch. Any info thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looked at auto anything and they had the class 3 curt hitch for 130. plus free shipping and they wanted 54. for the wire kit is that all is needed to install this hitch.did you have to get the dealer to flash the computer or since you hooked up to the battery and not using the journey existing wires that you didnt have to go back to the dealer...

We purchased our Curt hitch online as well. Dealer wanted $229 + $98 to install. We got ours for less than $118 shipped and installed ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I too went the CURT route. I hated the look of the ones that the dealer installs, esp when they cut out part of the bumper lol ... so i figured if i wanted a big tough hitch, than i want to see the big tough hitch lol ..... installed in the driveway in under an hour (3rd vehicle we've put a hitch on, we're pretty good at it now lol) .... only issue Im finding just now with this hitch is the black coating is flaking off around the receiver and the chain hooks revealing some rust .... (dont mind the picture, its the only one i have of the hitch lol)

1978876_10152215715720219_1867227076_n_z

• 2 weeks later...

Of all the tow hitches I've seen for the Journey, the Curt looks the best IMHO. My Journey is in south Florida and Perrine Trailer Hitches quoted me an installed price including tax of $215.07 for Draw Tite but they also carry Curt. Wiring is a separate cost. I'm installing it for my bike or cargo carrier so no need for wiring as yet.

• 1 year later...

hi all,

i have a 2011 Journey RT, and i too have found that harness beside my spare tire by the bumper.

i will be purchasing the CURT Class 3 hitch as it does look the best.

now, from what i have read in other posts, you can do either of the following for wiring:

get the CURT T-connector #56145 and do all the plug-in's behind the tail lights and run a power line up to the battery terminal.

OR

get the following from the dealer/online: 68080976ac http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/68080976ac

as i have seen posted in another thread.

now, my questions are, if i get the MOPAR 68080976ac, WHAT are the 3 extra "boxes" for?

i can see the 4-pin connector(with black cover) and the connector(white) that seems to plug into the harness by the spare tire but what are the other 3 'things' for?

do they just get tucked away or do they plug in elsewhere?

and if i chose this method, do i have to go to the dealer to get it 'flashed'?

ive been trying to attach some photos but cant seem to figure it out.

hope that link works too.

any info would be helpful. thanks.

hi all,

i have a 2011 Journey RT, and i too have found that harness beside my spare tire by the bumper.

i will be purchasing the CURT Class 3 hitch as it does look the best.

now, from what i have read in other posts, you can do either of the following for wiring:

get the CURT T-connector #56145 and do all the plug-in's behind the tail lights and run a power line up to the battery terminal.

OR

get the following from the dealer/online: 68080976ac http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-mopar/68080976ac

as i have seen posted in another thread.

now, my questions are, if i get the MOPAR 68080976ac, WHAT are the 3 extra "boxes" for?

i can see the 4-pin connector(with black cover) and the connector(white) that seems to plug into the harness by the spare tire but what are the other 3 'things' for?

do they just get tucked away or do they plug in elsewhere?

and if i chose this method, do i have to go to the dealer to get it 'flashed'?

ive been trying to attach some photos but cant seem to figure it out.

hope that link works too.

any info would be helpful. thanks.

They look like relays to me...