Hello. I have a 2013 Journey with the Uconnect 4.3 RSP (I have satellite radio) system in my car. So far, my wife and I have been unable to use the Bluetooth function with our current phones. :( However, we are planning to upgrade our phones this Christmas. I am planning to get an iphone 5C, which according to the skimpy phone listings on the uconnectphone website, should be fully compatible with my system. However, my wife wants a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that operates on Android Jelly Bean 4.3 Our service provider is Verizon wireless. Has anyone been able to successfully pair either this Verizon phone or another Verizon phone operating on the same Jelly Bean 4.3 software with a 4.3 uconnect system? Thanks and have a Merry Christmas :)

Here is a portion of the response I got from Chrysler support:

We regret to inform you that your phone is not compatible to the

uConnect/Bluetooth feature. The problem you describe regarding your

vehicle's uConnect is a characteristic of the vehicle and there is

nothing that can be done to ?fix? the condition.

This is not a defect in materials, workmanship, manufacturing, or

factory preparation and is, therefore, not covered under the new-vehicle

limited warranty.

We are constantly working with Cell Phone providers and manufacturers to

further improve the features and compatibility between their phones and

the uConnect System. Updates for the cellphone themselves sometimes

addresses these issues, or Chrysler may from time to time issue firmware

updates for your uConnect System.

Sigh . . . the tail is wagging the dog. I guess I can try to find someone who has the same phone to see if it pairs up. What a hassle!

The few Samsung phones listed on the website run previous versions of Android, not the 4.3 that is current. We're going to get our phones regardless. I think Chrysler needs to raise the bar on Uconnect, rather than the rest of us having to lower our expectations.

I'm pleased to report that my wife's new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone appears to have successfully connected with the Uconnect system in our 2013 Journey After almost one year of ownership, she will be able to take advantage of the bluetooth feature. As expected, my iPhone 5C also paired successfully.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey with the 4.3 UConnect (non-Nav)... I had a Droid Bionic when I purchased the vehicle in March 2013 and my phone worked with the UConnect with the Phone, phone book and messaging part... In fact my sales guy was impressed that the system in the truck would read my text messages... Well I had to format my Bionic and after that format I lost the ability to do text messaging with my UConnect system... I keep getting phone is not supported. The phone worked great with Bluetooth and even sent my phone book over to the UConnect, but not text messaging.

After reading the specifications of the UConnect I learned that my phone MUST support MAP (Messaging Access Protocol) for the UConnect system to be able to send and receive text messages with my phone...

When I was looking to upgrade my phone I found that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supported MAP (According to Verizon's Web Site) so in Nov 2013 I upgraded my phone to the Note 3... when I went to pair it to my Vehicle I was able to get the phone to work and the phonebook to work... but I am still not able to get Text messages to work with my new phone... When I went back to Verizon to check they took out the line in the Spec's that said it supported MAP... when I called tech support I was told that one set of specs showed it supported MAP and another that did not say either way it did or not. I have an open Ticket with Verizon and as of Nov 29th, 2013 the ticket is still open with Verizon. I am hoping that when they release the new Kit Kat version on Verizon that this protocol will be added back into the phone and I can do text messaging between my phone and the vehicle.

• 9 months later...

Well a little update to this.

I upgraded my phone from the Galaxy Note 3 to the new Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4.4 and when I paired my phone with my truck I was able to get the messaging feature back. So Verizon (or Samsung) took the feature away from the Note 3 but put it back in with the Note 4.