I had my first vehicle notification pop up today!

The chime sounded and the evic screen read "Keyfob battery low",

I have been using the same fob for 2-1/4 years.

Pried open the fob and replaced the CR2032 lithium and all is good.

I've got to get my eyes examined, I thought it was Evil Notifications Lol!

• 2 weeks later...

will also tell you to tighten your gas cap. had that happen once when i was on a trip out to vegas. it was on tight but must have not made a good seal and poof the message was gone........

p. s. also have had to replace the battery in both of my key fobs for my 2011 mainstreet.. my 2001 dodge ram truck still going strong on the org. battery in both key fobs?????

In 2001 your fob wasn't always interacting with your vehicle

as these newer models do , everytime you approach your DJ

the fob and the body control module are sensing and even

more so if you take advantage of the remote start feature.

yea thats true. thanks

I have experienced the very occasional single ding with no EVIC

message or notification in the "messages" area , I think I have finally

found the linking action for this behavior.

I noticed this week when I would passively unlock the DJ by touching the

driver door handle briefly then not opening the drivers door but instead opening

the drivers side rear door first to put something in the rear that when I came to get

in the drivers door that I would experience random sound alerts (dings).

I have experienced the very occasional single ding with no EVIC

message or notification in the "messages" area , I think I have finally

found the linking action for this behavior.

I noticed this week when I would passively unlock the DJ by touching the

driver door handle briefly then not opening the drivers door but instead opening

the drivers side rear door first to put something in the rear that when I came to get

in the drivers door that I would experience random sound alerts (dings).

Mine is while driving. First thought was a door was ajar but checked and all was good. I guess when if finally gives me a message, or it shuts down on me I will be able to find out what is causing the "ding". In the mean time will just keep watching and monitor for cause.

Mine used to give the odd "ding" with no message, also while I was driving down the road. Tracked it down to the rear hatch. I had lectured my wife years ago about slamming doors and hatches, etc. and what I discovered was that she wasn't closing the rear hatch firmly enough. It was still "latched" to the point that you couldn't lift it open and it was closed enough that the "ajar" sensor didn't think it was open, but, it wasn't closed firmly enough so that when I hit a bump it lifted momentarily, caused the ding and before the "ajar" light was able to illuminate, the bump was over and the hatch was on the button again. Told her to firmly close the hatch and now I've got no more errant "dings" with no notices...

That was my thoughts webslave. Checked that and seemed to be OK. Been good the last few days so who knows.

When I checked mine, merely pressing on it or pulling on it didn't show any movement. The bumpers hold it reasonably firmly and the only way I found out it was the hatch was that I noticed that after she had driven it and used the rear cargo area, the hatch was maybe 1/32" higher than flush with the tail lights. With the hatch firmly closed, the hatch is actually maybe 1/32" lower than the tail lights. Just pressing on it or pulling on it never revealed the "problem"; in fact it was a couple of weeks before I finally figured it out, by accident actually. I was washing the car (and it had "dinged" a couple of days before) and noticed the hatch was a bit higher than the tail lights while wiping it down. When I opened the hatch to clean the inside areas and closed the hatch, I did it from the side and noticed that "firmly" closed, the hatch was that same "tad" lower. No dings for a week or two until she had gone shopping again and used the back end. Dinged a couple of times on our way to town and I pulled over in a driveway and got out, the hatch was a bit higher than the tail lights, so, I opened the hatch and closed it firmly. No more dings.

Have you opened and closed the hatch since the last time it "dinged"? If you did, you may have closed it more firmly when you closed the hatch. If it happens again, and you've got the time, pull over and open then close the hatch again...it may be the same as mine.

Edited by webslave