Sirius Radio renewal

Sometimes if you call to cancel they will offer you reduced prices to remain a paying member, or offer a few months free. Sometimes. That worked for me once and I got like 6 more months free when my paid year was up. I tried it again and when that ran out and they kinda just said sorry to see you go. You should check their website to see if there are any specials going on or anything like that.

Like jkeaton says, sometimes they will offer you a short term freebie. It you really like Sirius radio then you have to pay for the service. If you have multiple radios the second is discounted. I have one in my Dakota as well as my DJ. I got some discount on my renewal. I can't remember what the percentage was. Anyway, I love my Sirius and my travel-link.

Peace.

Good news guys. I called Sirius today and I asked to speak to a supervisor. After some haggling I was able to negotiate the price from over $210.00 with tax, down to $79.96 plus tax for a total of $103.51. I'm glad they were willing to wheel and deal. The service was a blessing on our road trip earlier this year. I guess Christmas came early LOL!

Glad to hear you got a good price. I like the service, especially when on a road trip but not interested in paying ~$20/month for it, considering that the alternative is free (regular radio).

We pay for my sister-in-laws radio as her yearly B-day present in March and that took some acting to get the discount but paid the most for this one, about $115CDN taxes in (the Emmy got lost in the mail). My wifes renewal in May took a little acting but no award winning performance required and got a better price then my first negotiation, about $105CDN. When I called late June for my cancelation renewal I got my best price without hardly even trying, $97CDN taxes in plus the internet subscription included. I think they are finally realizing that once you get past the first line operator and are smart enough not to pay the asking price they just cut to the chase and will take just about what ever you are willing to pay. Really, when you think about it, getting a few $$$ out of you is better than losing a customer, it is not like you getting the service really cost them that much, you are just a radio number in the system, the signal is already out there.

What I did find interesting is that although Sirius and XM are basically the same company or at least teamed togeather they do have different billing departments. My wife has XM and when I called to cancel renew my serivce they said they could add my radio as a secondary one to her account but when they found out it was a Sirius they said they couldn't do that and transferred me to the Sirius billing department.

Edited by CCCacher

I've had Sirius Sat Radio for about 6 years now and I'm convinced that their business model is to have an inflated price and then settle for a price that's about half and make the customer think they're getting a deal. I'm sure if they offered their service for 80 bucks that people would try and chisel them down to 40 bucks. My renewal started out around $140 and they settled on $70 back six years ago. Most recently it's gone up to $180 per year and they settle on $85, but I've gotten tired of the service always renewing at the retail price, auto billing to your credit card, and then you have to call and play the game.

Since I only listen to about three channels and they repeat so much, I just last week canceled when my renewal came due. We'll see how much they spend on "special offers" to get me back!