Fender Repair

josinski89

My fender got hit while my car was parked. Didnt catch the asshole who did it. Got an estimate for $800 for fender repair and bracket for bumper. The damage doesnt look like its worth $800. Fender has a small dent, some scuff marks and needs a touch up with paint. Does $800 seem fair or should I check out another place?

For sure check out other places just to be sure but I think you might find out that its gonna be about the same price, especially if you want it to come out looking as if it never happened. My Journey is in the body shop right now getting repaired. Good Luck.

I had an old car ('03 Grand Am) hit in a parking lot, ended up with the bumper cracked. I thought it was no big deal but was told that the internal safety padding (??) was damaged and had to be replaced. Cost me $600 to have it repaired and it did not look like new when done.

I was an auto insurance adjuster for several years. Even just a scratch on a bumper can be in excess of $600. It all depends on what kind of paint, how much blendIng is required, and how much clear coat they will use to make all the conjoining panels look shiny so they match. I would say that sounds in line, doesn't sound like u r getting ripped off. Hope that eases ur mind. Make sure you research the repair facility, and make sure they Warranty their work.

• 1 year later...

Yes thats about right. Hit a mailbox with my Dakota. Replaced a headlight, passenger side mirror and the antenna. Approximately $300 in parts. The rest was labor and paint for a $1400 final cost. Filling in the scratch and repainting was @$1100 of the final cost. Labor rates are ridiculous. Luyckily insurance covered it and we have that accidenrt forgivness thing with Allstate, so my premium did not go up with the claim.

Yes thats about right. Hit a mailbox with my Dakota. Replaced a headlight, passenger side mirror and the antenna. Approximately $300 in parts. The rest was labor and paint for a $1400 final cost. Filling in the scratch and repainting was @$1100 of the final cost. Labor rates are ridiculous. Luyckily insurance covered it and we have that accidenrt forgivness thing with Allstate, so my premium did not go up with the claim.

Damn mailboxes... Always jumping out in front of unsuspecting drivers!

Was actually my daugher driving when she was first learning.....both of us were looking at some fool on the side of the road burning weeds with a backpack torch....off the road she went. Totally my fault for distracting her.

Edited by jkeaton